-
ScarletImmortalized replied to the topic A Christmas Proposition in the forum Meraki Writing Discussions 7 years, 10 months ago
I’ll give you a person to write for…
Speaking of giving names I just realized that SE has no PM…would you guys mind giving an email address so I could send you the name in secret?
@selah-chelyah @theswordinthebook @jane-maree @professorsjb @skye @thewirelessblade @theinconceivable1
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {Story Theory – Week 8} Seven Tips for Writing Unique Characters in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 10 months ago
@mairin-atha Stars are cool though. xD
-
Jane Maree started the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – In Dreams in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
It’s been an AGE since we last did a writing prompt war, but the time has come once again! Buckle on your armour, it’s time to go to war.
If you haven’t been around for one of these before, check out this topic to see how it works.
The prompt: write a dream sequence (aka a story in which the character is dreaming)
The dates: Monday 3rd – M…[Read more]
-
ProfessorSJB replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 10 months ago
Thank you all for your support! I have survived my first NaNoWriMo. That was *grits teeth* enjoyable. Honestly. (And now I will pay for all the studies I’ve put off. Nevermind the mark I’ll get for Humanities…)
-
ScarletImmortalized replied to the topic A Christmas Proposition in the forum Meraki Writing Discussions 7 years, 10 months ago
Alright peeps, list your favorite:
1. Color
2. Landscape
3. Food
4. Genre
5. Animal
6. Weather
7. Activity
8. Random Thing
I can’t think of ten things, but if ya’ll can feel free to fill in the two. You can list more than one thing under each number. This way your secret santa has an idea of what to write for you 😀
Let’s say if you want…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic {Story Theory – Week 9} Discussion: How Much Research Should Fantasy Writers Do? in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 10 months ago
This week, I want to throw a bit of a different topic into the mix. Discussion!
How Much Research Should Fantasy Writers Do?
I know you’re not all fantasy writers, but I’m sure a high percentage of you have at least read fantasy once or twice. What do you think? Should fantasy writers do research? Why should they or shouldn’t they? What sort…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {Story Theory – Week 8} Seven Tips for Writing Unique Characters in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 10 months ago
@mairin-atha I love the whole dreamy, star-y feel of her personality!
@professorsjb Haha, that’s hilarious actually! XD
YES. I LOVE THIS DUDE ALREADY. He sounds a little bit like Artemis Fowl (but not in a badly similar way). So cool!
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {Story Theory – Week 6} The Three Act Plot Structure in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 10 months ago
@mairin-atha Ooh very nice. Okay, some thoughts.
It sounds like your character arc is fairly well thought out in the first half of the book, but it’s hard to follow in the second half. M starts off trying to find peace. At the midpoint, she realises that she could just escape herself and have peace. But then she has to make a tough decision and…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {Story Theory – Week 7} World Building in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 10 months ago
@mairin-atha Having the world reflect the theme is so cool! I love that idea. 😀
@professorsjb YES. Pinterest is a lifesaver though. 😉
Ooh those settings sound like fun though.
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Time Zones for Sprints in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 10 months ago
@mairin-atha You’re added! 😀
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Introductions! Pizza! Best Buddies! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
@parker Ooh, nice profile pic! You look awesome!
@mairin-atha Took out the sun? That would make life interesting. 😛
@theinconceivable1 Because I am swift and nimble and I have practiced. Believe me, I get plenty of oportunities to practice dodging things at SE.
Ooh, rocks are my favorite to dodge and throw back! *waits for the rock to land* *ducks*
-
theinconceivable1 replied to the topic Introductions! Pizza! Best Buddies! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
@mairin-atha: Aw… now we cant have a lightsaber fight! *sticks the pen in his back pocket* O well, nice job.
@selah-chelyah: “Hehe… just please do not turn every single Meraki topic (as well!) into crazy topics like you-know-what. ”
*crosses his arms and frowns* fine, what do you want to talk about? (I mean, I get where your coming from, but…[Read more]
-
Selah Chelyah replied to the topic Introductions! Pizza! Best Buddies! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
Oh, we appreciate it all right! 😛 Thank you so much!!!
Yes, it is typically intense….. Haha! 😀
Great conversation! 🙂
Hehe… just please do not turn every single Meraki topic (as well!) into crazy topics like you-know-what. 😀
-
Selah Chelyah replied to the topic Leetle Teeny Weeny Baby-Length Fiction in the forum Critiques 7 years, 10 months ago
Totally!!
-
theinconceivable1 replied to the topic Introductions! Pizza! Best Buddies! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
he wore a robe, a shadow in the night. The chilled autumn wind rustled the lifeless branches above him and bit into his fingers. They wraped around a stealy hilt. light, red, powerful, light roared form his dual saber. He gripped the hilt and split the blade apart. “hello…” His voice sounded like the crushed of autumn leaves und…[Read more]
-
theinconceivable1 replied to the topic Introductions! Pizza! Best Buddies! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
@mairin-atha: *pulls out a lightsaber* surrender!
-
theinconceivable1 replied to the topic Introductions! Pizza! Best Buddies! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
@mairin-atha: Dont journey to the dark side! (ok fine, DONT JOURNEY TO THE LIGHT SIDE! XD)
-
ScarletImmortalized replied to the topic A Christmas Proposition in the forum Meraki Writing Discussions 7 years, 10 months ago
Whatcha think? It’s a bit close on time so I understand if we agree to do this next year h…[Read more]
-
Selah Chelyah replied to the topic Leetle Teeny Weeny Baby-Length Fiction in the forum Critiques 7 years, 10 months ago
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic WORD WAR – November NaNo Special!!! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
@esther-sears
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@selah-chelyah
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@joseph_darkgrate
@NicoleG
@theinconceivable1
@elizabeth
@ellen-blanc
@ashiraAll Meerkats report in for duty! How many words…[Read more]
- Load More












