-
Kendra replied to the topic Old West in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
Yes! I’d love to be your buddy! My writing is going really well, I’ve written 25k so far and my goal is 30k at the moment. 🙂
-
Gra Sar posted an update in the group Poets 6 years, 5 months ago
Does anyone have any suggestions on writing haikus? I have always hated writing them but it is a great practice of micropoetry.
-
Ooh! Um, yes. (Haikus are my favorite poems to write besides free-verse.) Don’t get caught up in the “I ONLY HAVE FIVE SYLLABLES TO USE FOR THIS LINE” mess 😛 If a word you’re trying to use doesn’t work because it’s too long, open your mind to different words that you could use to convey the same thing, even if they might not be the “conventional”…[Read more]
-
Thank you! I like playing with words so it worked out haha
-
-
-
Kendra replied to the topic Old West in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
@the-inkspiller Okay, wow, let me just say that your information is incredibly helpful and insightful. Thank you so much! I know, it’s kind of disappointing that I can’t include the Earps or Doc Holliday in the story… they’re such fascinating people! But then, I don’t know what I’d do with them anyway. 😛
I’ve gotten quite a bit of writing…[Read more]
-
The Inkspiller replied to the topic Old West in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
Full disclosure, I just joined the group so that I could respond and lend my help, even though I haven’t particularly wrote much in the Old West setting (though I often look to it for inspiration, particularly when I’m in a more sci-fi mood), but I do have an amateurish breadth of historical knowledge in the area. The idea of…[Read more]
-
The Inkspiller joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Old West in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
Hey! How’s your writing going?
I’m doing NaNoWriMo Camp too. Would you want to be my buddy? 🙂
-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Writing free verse poems in the forum Poets 6 years, 5 months ago
-
Eitan replied to the topic Writing free verse poems in the forum Poets 6 years, 5 months ago
Very nice poem! I like it.
I do not write poems that much, but I’m studying now Biblical literature (which’s always free-verse), and it’s main uniqueness is in it’s use of parallelism between lines – it allows you to hide meanings in the lines without directly say them. Parallelism works best in free-verse, because you aren’t limited in your…[Read more]
-
Eitan joined the group Poets 6 years, 5 months ago
-
Evelyn replied to the topic Writing free verse poems in the forum Poets 6 years, 6 months ago
-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Writing free verse poems in the forum Poets 6 years, 6 months ago
@emma-starr Thanks! I had a ridiculously fun time writing it XD
*nods thoughtfully* Aah, I see! Yeah, that’s all helpful! I’ll see if I can work some poetic wording and sounds in 😀 Thank you!!
-
Emma Starr replied to the topic Writing free verse poems in the forum Poets 6 years, 6 months ago
@anne_the_noob14 Such a fun poem!! I liked the banter. ;P
For tips….free verse is, well, free. I used to think that meant that you wouldn’t use any poetry techniques in free verse, but now I realize that free verse really opens up my writing to use the full variety of tools.
I use free verse as an opportunity to ruthlessly cut out any…[Read more]
-
Emma Starr replied to the topic Does anyone want to read this slightly depressing poem? in the forum Poets 6 years, 6 months ago
@urwen-starial Thank you so much for being strong enough to be vulnerable and share this. I think all poets have a poem that in some way reflects the theme of this one. It’s raw, and you understand exactly what is going on in your mind. I really respect that. 🙂 It’s also great poetry, so I think this is a powerful poem–not necessarily…[Read more]
-
Emma Huckabee (Emma Starr) joined the group Poets 6 years, 6 months ago
-
emily-maynard joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 6 months ago
-
Eitan joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 6 months ago
-
Gra Sar joined the group Poets 6 years, 6 months ago
-
NicoleG joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 6 months ago
-
Kristianne joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 6 months ago
-
Cara joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 6 months ago
- Load More












