-
J.A.Penrose started the topic A Very Late Word War in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
In my defense, I believe no one knows about this. *confused shrug* But let’s give it a…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose replied to the topic Guild War : A Believable Conversion in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
Okay. Guys, the submission is in and judged, and we did great! I’m still waiting to hear when we’re meant to announce things, cos everything is a bit of a mess right now.
Also…word war?? That’s…not on the calendar. Or in the chat. But okay then. Um. Yes. Apparently, things there have changed too. I’ll make a post on it, but…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose replied to the topic Guild War : A Believable Conversion in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
Yay! I was going to write something today if nothing else had appeared, but this is looking fabulous!
Everyone else? Please jump in and edit at your…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose started the topic Writing Life : Bundle of Betas in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 6 months ago
Hello Parimis! We have another lesson from Daeus today, and it’s on Beta Readers! Woot! We all love Betas, and Beta-ing is equally as awesome. Let’s see what Daeus has for us today.
Beta reading is a great way to make friends, help others, and even polish your skills.
Today, I want to give you some tips so that, when you beta read, the friend…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose replied to the topic Absence Thread in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
@coggleton Apparently I never answered this.
No, there was not a specific place, but you’ve just made a brilliant one. *thumbs up* Otherwise, it was ‘just tell me in the announcements,’ so this will do fine. 😀
-
J.A.Penrose started the topic Writing Life: Arranging Alphas and Betas in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 6 months ago
For those who don’t know, we are now starting to work together to post the annual theme discussion, and this time around, it’s on the exciting art of the Writing Life. This course/section won’t be super practical for right now, but maybe we can be using it later, and being sure to build up and appreciate the amazing relationships with other…[Read more]
-
Julia replied to the topic Guild War : A Believable Conversion in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
@j-a-penrose *gives you coffee* *hopes you like coffee because there’s controversy on that subject* I totally relate; I guess we’ll have to push onward together 😛
Woo-wie! This is a toughie! I’ve never written this sort of thing before. We should make it very emotional. Like, life or death maybe? My immediate thoughts are that we need to give…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose started the topic Guild War : A Believable Conversion in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
Oooookay. So, I think there is a war going on. Not 100% sure, because there are high levels of chaos in the guildmaster realm, but here we go.
Prompt: “Write a believable conversion scene”
Time: Monday 11th – Monday 25th
Word Limit: 2500
Level of Freaking Out by Guildmaster: High
For those who are new to Parimi Alca Guild Wars, or if you j…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose started the topic Cue Your Scatter-Brain Guildmaster Kicking Herself in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
It’s been forever since I’ve said anything. And agh I am so sorry.
This time, I was aware that I wouldn’t be about. However, in the hectic mess of life, I had assumed I had asked someone to step in until things at this end were sorted out. So, either I totally forgot to do that, or no one actually took it on and it got forever lost in the…[Read more]
-
Taylor Clogston replied to the topic Fantasy Novella Alpha Readers Needed! in the forum Critiques 7 years, 7 months ago
@coggleton Thanks for the update. The timing of this is right before she gives him his last chance at the cliff and that she’s getting her hopes up and stuff, but I can totally see that this isn’t well supported =P I need to give it some more thought.
I love the fusion dance influence thing. I’m totally going to use that.
-
Taylor Clogston replied to the topic Check In – February Week 2 in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@evelyn We’re talking like thirteen years ago =P I’m afraid it went over my head and didn’t leave much of an impression.
@coggleton Yeah, cough I might have a bit of trouble with consistent motives myself…
-
Evelyn replied to the topic Check In – February Week 2 in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@coggleton Wow…. wow. XD
Sounds really interesting!
-
Evelyn replied to the topic Check In – January Week 4 in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@coggleton I’m afraid not. 😛
Would you suggest them?
-
Taylor Clogston replied to the topic Check In – February Week 2 in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@coggleton I’ve not played any of the games, but I’d love to at some point. I’m happy to hear KH3 was worth what I hear was a stupidly long wait. Also glad to hear you’re making progress in your paladin story. Really looking forward to reading it one day, and I’m glad to see all the thought you’re putting into Zalal.
@evelyn Yeah, it’s…[Read more]
-
Taylor Clogston replied to the topic Fantasy Novella Alpha Readers Needed! in the forum Critiques 7 years, 7 months ago
@coggleton Nope, here it is. Thanks a ton!
-
Taylor Clogston replied to the topic Fantasy Novella Alpha Readers Needed! in the forum Critiques 7 years, 7 months ago
@steward-of-the-pen So sorry for taking all this time to get back to you!
So, uh, I wasn’t really aware there was any symbolism, foreshadowing, or depth to the story, but I’m really glad it comes across that way =P
Would you mind pointing out where you’re seeing foreshadowing? Aside from that, this was good feedback, especially about my n…[Read more]
-
Julia replied to the topic Guild War : A Happy Ending…Minus the Cliché in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
@cassie-hartfinh
@esjohnson
@coggleton
@steward-of-the-pen
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly
@evelyn
@ariella-newheart
@sarah-vdh
@e-jo3
@writercatherine
@thewanderingtypewriter
@jade
@taylorclogston
@calebonline
@write-owl
@obrian-of-the-surface-world
@pursuewisdom
@azeline-d
@anne_the_noob14
@trufflehunter
@rebecca-wGreat job!! 😃 This is an awesome…[Read more]
-
Steward of the Pen replied to the topic Guild War : A Happy Ending…Minus the Cliché in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
Hey Parimis!
The entry is completed and @j-a-penrose has asked me to let you know that she will be submitting it shortly (she’s having technical difficulties getting on the forum). Stellar work, everyone! Thank you all for the effort you put into making this entry great. It was fun working with y’all, as always!
And now we await the results……[Read more]
-
Cassie Hartfinh started the topic Backup Happy Ending Guild War in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this problem yet, but I just discovered that when I tried to access the entire current guild war topic, I got the message “Page Not Found”. None of the stuff we discussed in the topic is there anymore. The only way to even access the discussion or the link to the guild war doc is from the notifications…[Read more]
-
anne_the_noob14 replied to the topic I know it's awful XD But can I get some critique anyways? in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@cassie-hartfinh
@esjohnson
@coggleton
@julia
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly
@evelyn
@ariella-newheart
@sarah-vdh
@steward-of-the-pen
@e-jo3
@writercatherine
@thewanderingtypewriter
@jade
@calebonline
@write-owl
@obrian-of-the-surface-world
@pursuewisdom
@azeline-d
@trufflehunter(I will undoubtedly miss tagging someone. I will. I apologize XD )
- Load More












