-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {2018 – Week 15} Why Everyone Should Read Their Old Writing in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years ago
@mairin-atha Oh my! Moves across the globe would be pretty easy to lose things on. 😯
And totally unrelated but I’m pretty sure I had a stuffed animal called fluffy… XD
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Introduce your CHARACTERS! in the forum Meraki Writing Discussions 8 years ago
@mairin-atha I did! I’ll have to dig around in the dark spiderwebs of my brains but I should be able to remember some things. The main refining, I think, was when they melted the silver and when it was liquid the impurities/other metals would sink/float (can’t remember which xD) and they could be separated. This would be done several times over to…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Introduce your CHARACTERS! in the forum Meraki Writing Discussions 8 years ago
@mairin-atha argh Myrantul sounds so cool!!
Ooh silversmithing research is a heap of fun. I did a bunch a while back on a story I never got around to writing properly.
I love the growth you’ve got lined out there. Peace being from external tings vs peace coming despite the external. It’s beautiful! ❤
-
Parker Hankins replied to the topic Peace, Greater Than Encountered Before in the forum Critiques 8 years ago
@mairin-atha, thank you sooo much for doing that!!!!!
-
Parker Hankins replied to the topic Peace, Greater Than Encountered Before in the forum Critiques 8 years ago
@mairin-atha, totally fine with me. Sorry I haven’t got it to work for you.
@professorsjb, thank you so much!! That really helps!! Your critique was very invaluable!!
@jane-maree, that’s all right!! I know how time can be!!
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {2018 – Week 15} Why Everyone Should Read Their Old Writing in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years ago
@mairin-atha Yeeeup. I relate to that description far too much. XD
I’m so glad I didn’t toss out all my old writings before I got a chance to learn from my mistakes! Thank goodness I’ve improved. 😛
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {2018 – Week 14} Do (and should) You Edit While You Write a First Draft? in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years ago
@mairin-atha Yay, that’s awesome!! I hope you find a good method. And remember–first drafts aren’t supposed to be perfect. Mine are always atrocious. 😛
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Peace, Greater Than Encountered Before in the forum Critiques 8 years ago
Ooh I’d love to have a look at this, but I’m not sure I’ll get much time between my other editing projects. 😪 I might be able to scan through some parts of it and give a little feedback at the least though.
@professorsjb
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized -
Jane Maree started the topic {2018 – Week 15} Why Everyone Should Read Their Old Writing in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years ago
Writers are (or certainly should be) constantly growing in their craft. We work on it every week, every month, every year, and as time goes on we learn how to make our stories better, stronger, deeper.
As we grow to be better writers than we were before, it’s very easy to look back on old writing, cringe, hide it in a deepest corner of d…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Original and Unique Prose! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
Okay guys! Looking like we’re set to write this stellar story on the dieter vs cake! Let’s get writing. *cheers*
Here is a DOC if we want to start writing. Remember to all pitch in with editing and generally throwing ideas at the piece of paper like those rebellious marshmallows I mentioned earlier. I’ll help you guys as much as you seem to need…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Original and Unique Prose! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
@esther-sears Sounds like a plan!
Okay guys, just over one week left, and we need to get a character, plot, theme, etc. AND GET IT WRITTEN AND AHHHH IT NEEDS TO BE AWESOME. Or Jane may well kill me… XD
So guys, let’s look at answering some basic questions:
- Who are the characters? (develop)
- What is the genre?
- What is the theme/arc?
…
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Heads Up! in the forum Announcements 8 years, 1 month ago
@mairin-atha Thanks for letting us know! Hope you have a bunch of fun with your friend. 😀
-
J.A.Penrose replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Original and Unique Prose! in the forum Announcements 8 years, 1 month ago
Hey guys!
Just a heads up, try not to tag Jane into anything on this thread. All of the tags appear in her inbox and she’s having to glance at them and then delete them and stuff. So avoid tagging her for now.
These ideas are all sounding great guys! And yes, it is totally fine to start offering plot ideas. That will mean more ideas in…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Original and Unique Prose! in the forum Announcements 8 years, 1 month ago
RALLY TOGETHER, MEERKATS, AND DRAW YOUR
SWORDSPENS. The next guild war has begun!!If you haven’t been around for any of the past guild wars, don’t worry, it’s pretty straight forward. A guild war is where each of the guilds competes against the other guilds to try write the best scene/the most words/etc. This week it’s about writing a s…[Read more]
-
Parker Hankins replied to the topic Article/Short Story in the forum Critiques 8 years, 1 month ago
@mairin-atha, My pleasure!
-
Jane Maree started the topic {2018 – Week 14} Do (and should) You Edit While You Write a First Draft? in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 1 month ago
There’s a piece of writing advice I hear all the time “Never edit while you write the first draft” and I wanted to share a bit of my POV about this. A bit about how I don’t think it’s a good bit of advice and my reasons why.
First of all: No. No no nooo. With all these ‘writing advice’ tips, they NEED to be taken with a grain of salt. Don’t just…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic Introduce your CHARACTERS! in the forum Meraki Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Yep guys, this is basically the same as the introduce your story topic, but with characters instead!
1) pick one or two characters
2) share a little bit about them/their personality/their role in the story
3) share what their character arc is, and anything else you want to noteSo I’m going to go first again, just because that’s…[Read more]
-
Parker Hankins replied to the topic Article/Short Story in the forum Critiques 8 years, 1 month ago
@mairin-atha, I’ll be sure to give my advice!!
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {2018 – Week 13} When Stress Cramps Creativity in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 1 month ago
@mairin-atha Aw, that’s great! Your roof sounds like such a lovely relaxing place. <3
-
Caleb E King replied to the topic Introduce your STORY! in the forum Meraki Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@jane-maree @scarletimmortalized and everyone else who wanted to know, yeah the wizard powers just kick in. They didn’t need training. All it does is enhance their active abilities, so when they do a front flip, they jump higher than normal so they don’t have to try as hard to do it and things like that. 😀
@mairin-atha the Ocpots look like hum…[Read more]
- Load More












