fb

Sci-fi Writers

SW RP/Collaborative Story

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

Solstice’s fingertips brushed the vine. With a sudden surge of strength she jerked them loose from the tree and flung them over to the wolf-man.  She used the Force to propel them forward, and the long, thick vines landed in a tangled mass over the wolf-man’s head. He let out a howl of frustration and clawed at the knots, only drawing them tighter around himself.

Jaina grasped the vines and pulled.

“Steady, help me tie this guy up!” Jaina grunted. Steady leapt over to her, and soon they had the wolf- man subdued. He growled and snapped at anyone who came near him, but due to a vine caught in his mouth, he couldn’t say anything.

A few scattered droids remained, but Reel made quick work of them with his machine gun. The group gathered around their new captive and looked to one another.

“I don’t think this was part of the plan,” Will said.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Winter Rose.

"The best is yet to come."
    ~Origin unknown

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

Jaina agreed with her brother.

“what do we do now?” Cresh asked, walking over to make sure Jaina had come out uninjured.

Jaina remained silent. She was deep in thought, trying to figure something out.

all the Clones remained silent, even Reel for the most part.

Then he spoke up. “Why don’t we take Wolf-Man with us?”

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

“I agree with Reel,” Solstice spoke up. “We can’t just leave him here.”

“Maybe we could use him as a hostage,” Broker suggested. Jaina shook his head.

“No,” She said. “The Separatists don’t work like that. He’d have to be very valuable for them to even consider rescuing him. Besides, our mission isn’t to make a deal.”

“Yeah, ‘cause we’re just a distra-” Solstice gasped and slapped a hand across the lower half of Reel’s helmet. The wolf-man’s ears perked up. His mouth spread into a sharp toothy grin. What sounded like a guttural chuckle escaped his throat.

“Now we definitely have to take him with us,” Will groaned. Solstice shrugged and lowered her hand. Reel shuffled his feet guiltily. Solstice gave him a half-smile and patted his shoulder.

“It’s all right, Reel,” She said. Jaina nodded.

“Solstice is right. He probably would have found out eventually. And we couldn’t let him back into enemy hands, anyway,” Jaina shrugged and started forward through the trees, and then called over her shoulder. “Who knows, maybe having him will be useful, somehow.”

“Let’s move out, men,” Steady said.

Will picked up one of the vines connected to the wolf-man and tugged.

“Come on, big guy. Time to go.”

The wolf-man didn’t move. Will ignited his lightsaber.

The wolf-man complied.

~Origin unknown

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

(Sounds like a good switching place)

Bo’ followed the master Jedi and clone commander in silence.

They all had weapons at the ready as they walked along in a sewer system to get into the castle. They didn’t know what they would run into down there.

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

Bo’ looked up to the wall and caught sight of lurid crimson graffiti written in a strange language.

“This place isn’t very welcoming,” he commented.

“Most places we’re sent, aren’t,” Gryphon said. Their voices mingled with the sound of falling droplets… and then the sound hauntingly morphed into the clanking of battle droids.

Ivaylo gritted his teeth and held his fist up, alerting Bo’ and Gryphon to the danger. The two crouched and waited for his signal.

“I thought I heard something over here, commander,” one droid said in its mechanical voice. The clanking of metal grew closer and closer with each passing second. Ivaylo still made no move to attack. Gryphon seemed almost relaxed, but Bo’ grew tense as the droids drew nearer.

Finally, the moment came. Ivaylo dropped his hand, and then hurled a handful of droid poppers into the hall. With a hollow ringing sonic tone the poppers deactivated most of the droids. Gryphon and Bo’ began shooting down the remainder. Two fled down the hall. Ivaylo raised his rifle and aimed, but suddenly a rumbling rocked the tunnel.

“What was that?” Gryphon grunted as he kicked a droid away from him.

The two fleeing droids had reached an intersection. They turned to the right.

Something black and enormous tore from the left tunnel and grabbed the two droids. They wailed in terror as it retracted with incredible speed back into the left tunnel.

Ivaylo, Gryphon, and Bo’ exchanged glances.

“That complicates things,” Gryphon said grimly.

~Origin unknown

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

Bo’ grimaced. Today was not the day to be eaten up by some monster.

“should we keep moving?” He asked.

(Sry it’s short)

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

Ivaylo nodded. “We don’t have much choice. Stay on alert, keep your voices down, and we could get out of here without incident.” He started down the tunnel, hands close to his lightsaber and blaster.

“I have a bad feeling about this,” Gryphon muttered as he and Bo’ followed after Ivaylo.

They continued on in relative silence for several minutes. Ivaylo pulled out his holoprojector and studied the map of the city. A red blip hovered where the group stood.

“We should be there soon,” Ivaylo said.

The ground beneath them trembled. Ivaylo looked up, coiling with tension. Without looking to his men, he uttered one command.

“Run.”

~Origin unknown

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

The three all took off in a sprint.

unfortunately, Bo’ and Ivaylo ran one way and Gryphon another, and the jaws of the beast snapped around where they had just been standing, blocking the commander’s way back to the others.

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

Ivaylo turned and glanced behind him, to the passageway blocked by the mouth of the creature.

“Should we go back for him, General?” Bo’ asked as the two continued running down the tunnel. Ivaylo shook his head.

“Gryphon is resourceful. He’ll find his way back to us, eventually.”

Bo’ nodded and they slowed as they reached another intersection. The captain flicked on his helmet’s light and scanned the area. Everything seemed secure.

“Should we try contacting him?” Bo’ asked.

“We can’t risk them picking up the comm’s signal. We brought those only for emergencies.”

“I’d say this is an emergency,” Bo’ said softly.

Ivaylo stared at Bo’ for a moment and then shook his head.

The general reached down to flick on his holo-map, but stayed his hand.

“I have a theory,” he said, and jogged a distance down one of the branching tunnels. He looked over to Bo’. “Get close to the wall. And turn off your light.”

Without any further warning he flicked his holo-map on. Bo’ rushed to obey.

Then the ground shook.

One of the nasty creatures plunged toward Ivaylo from the facing tunnel. The general swiftly drew his blaster rifle and fired several shots at the creature. It shrieked and retracted from the way it had come.

Bo’ slowly moved to join Ivaylo, whose mouth was set in a grim line.

“Those monsters are attracted to electronic signals. No more technology for us.”

~Origin unknown

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@emma-walker

Sooo, I’ve been wondering, is Bo’ s name short for something? Because it has the little apostrophe and I wasn’t sure if that was just artistic or if it meant something else?

Also, d’you think my sections are a little too long, or are you ok with it? Because I usually just get really into it and have a bunch of ideas so I try to cram it all into one post. 😅

~Origin unknown

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@winter rose

Bo’ took off his helmet and looked around.

The soft clanking of droids sounded not to far off.

The Captain looked at the General, then he walked over to a corner and waited with his helmet in his hands.

As two droids turn the corner, Bo’ swung his helmet and hit the droids straight at their heads, causing them to fall in a heap.

Bo’s name is short for something. You’ll find out when you meet him in the fanfic. 😉

i don’t mind one bit. You can write it as long as you see fit. I’m just used to rp with my own charas. I find it a little uncomfortable to write others charas since I don’t know all of their characteristics. You’ve done pretty good with most of mine though, so I applaud. XD 😉

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

Ooo, mysterious.😉

I totally understand about writing others’ characters. And thanks! I’m really glad I’ve been able to write yours well. Let me know if you notice anything I should change about how I write them.

~~~~~

Ivaylo watched cooly as Bo’ replaced his helmet. “I like that move,” Ivaylo said, giving Bo’ a rare and fleeting smile.

“Thank you, sir,” Bo’ said, and then followed Ivaylo as the general led down the passage.

“We must stay away from the droids. They attract the beasts. If we encounter them, deactivate them as quickly as possible,” Ivaylo instructed. Bo’ gave an affirmative nod.

Ivaylo moved to activate the holo-map and grunted at his ignorance. Have to go by memory, now.

After looking down two tunnels, he closed his eyes and tried to visualize the map. If they were at the junction he thought they were, the correct path would be… left.

Just a few more turns and they would reach their destination…

If no gigantic toothy-worm-beasts got in their way.

~Origin unknown

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

Yeppers XD hehe

thanks for understanding.

……

Zeinli’s team, along with the prince and his people, all made their way to the walls of the city.

Zeinli glanced at her Padawan, who had gotten quiet. He furrowed his brows in thought.

“Goane?”

he looked up, “Jaina just told me they have a prisoner.”

Zeinli understood the mental bond that the two shared. She was amazed at how they could communicate through their minds and emotions.

she nodded, “What are they doing now?”

Goane shrugged, “Hasn’t said yet.”

Zeinli nodded and motioned to some of the wolf people and a couple Clones to climb the vine-covered wall.

They would go ahead as planned.

She gestured to Goane and a few others to go climb the wall in the other side of the gates.

She and Rookie, along with a few wolf people, including the prince, would go through the gates.

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

Rookie hefted his blaster and tried to calm his nerves. He nearly tripped over a stone in his state of excitement. Zeinli looked to him and smiled reassuringly.

“Don’t worry, Rookie,” she said, and softly touched his shoulder. Immediately a sense of calm overtook his body.

“Yes, ma’am, and, uh, thanks,” Rookie said, and then looked up to the gate. Wide metal bars made up the double doors, which were around ten meters high. A gatehouse stood on the right side of the entrance.

“State your name, and business!” a battle droid stuck its pale tan head out of the gatehouse window. A large paw reached out and shoved the droid back inside.

“That’s my job, metalhead! Behave yerself or ye’ll be scrap before my watch is over!” A wolf-person looked out over the group. He let out a yelp of surprise.

“Well! You… you’re a J-Jedi! Clanky, sound the alarm! We’re under attack!”

~Origin unknown

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

Goane and his group jumped over the wall and landed in the midst of a sea of battledroids.

He ignited his saber, gripping it in between his fingers in his unusual way. His team immediately thinned out the droids with the help of a flank of clones and wolf people coming from the other side of the streets.

Then bombs went off, coming from nowhere. The Force of one explosion knocked Goane and several others back. When they stood and went to jump back into battle, they saw a team of wolf people running for them, and they didn’t look friendly.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest