fb

Sci-fi Writers

SW RP/Collaborative Story

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

Goane stared at the boy, then glanced at his master. She was trying to sense whether the boy was telling the truth or not. But he could tell she was having trouble. He could sense something, a barrier, or something of the like, something blocking the Force.

“We?” Skipper’s voice echoed from behind the Jedi.

The boy nodded, and several other strange wolf-people emerged from the trees.

Zeinli frowned. “In what way can you help us?”

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@winter_rose

yayy I’m so excited XD

I really only mentioned it being black and white, she probably has a shoulder pauldron with the Jedi order emblem on it, and that’s really all I can think of right now.

"If your goal is purity in heart, be prepared to be thought very odd." -Elisabeth Elliott

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@emma-walker

Here’s a link to the pic because I was having a hard time posting it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RQcVxNBGh5tjennC7YRakme8YbBF4Cu3wMNJ3l-eh4Y/edit?usp=sharing

Would you mind if I posted it on my instagram? If I do, what name should I credit?

"The best is yet to come."
    ~Origin unknown

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@winter_rose

wow it’s so cioooool thankaa !

i don’t mind at all. I don’t go by a pen name, so you can use my name.

When I get insta I’ll be sure to follow you. XP

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@emma-walker

Sounds good, thx!

~~~~~

“We’re from the capital; we know it well,” the wolf-boy said. He gestured to those around him, many of which held crude weapons or rusty blasters. “And we can fight.”

“How do we know you’re not working with the Separatists?” Goane asked.

“Yeah, kid, why should we trust you?” Murk growled, brandishing his blaster threateningly.

The wolf-boy gestured helplessly. “The only proof I have is our devotion to the king. We’ll do anything to get him off planet and to the Republic.” Those around him nodded in agreement. Zeinli watched him carefully for several tense moments, and then deactivated her lightsaber. Goane followed suit.

“All right,” Zeinli said, clipping her lightsaber hilt to her belt. She looked up to the wolf-boy. “What is your name, young one?”

“I am Hrr’akinmmr, or Akee.” His large blue eyes became unfocused for a moment. “Crown prince of Aturrose.”

~Origin unknown

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

@winter_rose

My reaction to what you finished typing: OOOOOOOOO

XD

……….

Goanes eyes widened. Zeinli cocked her head, “We didn’t know there was a prince.”

The boy shrugged.

She continued, the Force was getting stronger again, this boy was telling the truth. “We are just a distraction, Akee.” She explained.

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

I knew it was a little unexpected but it just seemed to be a cool idea so I put it in anyway. XD

~~~~~

“You are?” Akee’s countenance dropped. “Who’s rescuing my father, then?”

“General Quillon is, your highness,” Skipper said. “Don’t worry, your father is in capable hands.”

“I want to help him rescue the king,” Akee said, determination in his voice. “Tell me where they are.”

“Your highness, we can’t allow you to go to General Quillon,” Zeinli said. “Our attack relies on stealth. If you expose them, there will be little chance we can get the king out safely.”

“Besides, the bigger the distraction, the better,” Goane said with a smile. “With all of your fighters, we can stir up quite a bit of trouble in the capital.”

~Origin unknown

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

(Imma skip over to… another group)

Jaina paused and gazed ahead of the group. “We’re almost in position.”

Will nodded, “Good-”

“OH- Looky Broker!!! Aren’t those flowers SOOOOO Prettyyyy?!” Reel pointed at the flowers.

Jaina smiled and rolled her eyes.

Will exchanged glances with Solstice.

(sry it’s short)

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

Ur good, and this is a good switching-over point.

~~~~~

Solstice winked at Will and extended a hand. After a few moments of intense concentration, one of Reel’s flowers lifted off the ground and slowly drifted toward him.

“Well how do you like that, Reel?” Will laughed.

“Just great, Lieutenant Danu! Hey Steady, didja see? Didja see?”

Steady turned slowly, with mild disinterest, as if he did this often. He did a double take when he caught sight of the floating flower.

“Wait is he doing that-?” Steady caught sight of Solstice’s hand. “Oh, all right then.”

Solstice relaxed her hand and the flower descended to the side of the path. Reel made a disappointed noise.

Solstice looked over to Will, and quickly scanned him. “A Mandalorian with a lightsaber,” She said cautiously. “That wouldn’t be…the Darksaber, would it?”

Will looked to her with alarm. “What? No, of course not,” He said, and unclipped the weapon from his belt. “This lightsaber is mine.” He activated it, and a yellow blade sprang to life.

Solstice relaxed and admired his lightsaber. “It’s a beautiful weapon. I wonder what kind of crystal you have. Mine’s Pontite.”

~~~~

I just read the section in your fan fic where Will says he wants a lightsaber and just kind of felt like writing it.

~Origin unknown

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

Will shrugged and extinguished his saber, “I’m not sure..”

Jaina scanned the area, “Shh..” She commanded softly, crouching down and motioning for the others to do the same.

Noaa was the only one who perched up on a tree branch. He pulled down his rangefinder. There was a group of wolf-people.

Friend or foe, he didn’t know.

He looked down and exchanged a look with Jaina, who crouched with her energy bow at the ready.

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

“We’ve got company,” Broker muttered, and the rest of the group got into defense positions.

Solstice bounded up a tree and pulled her hood up. Extending her mind with the force, she evaluated the wolf-people’s friendliness. A hostile aura radiated from the group of figures.

“They’re not on our side,” she hissed down to Jaina.

“Stay low, everyone. We can’t let them see us,” Jaina breathed. A few tense moments passed, and then the wolf-people moved behind the next hill.

“Thank the Force,” Solstice sighed with relief.

She spoke to soon.

Red blaster fire burst from the trees behind them. The hulking form of a wolf-person emerged from the undergrowth, followed by a dozen battle droids.

“We have you cornered, Republic scum!” a battle droid crowed triumphantly.

~Origin unknown

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

Jaina pulled back her bow and released a pink bolt into the air, which arced slightly and hit the head of the battle droid that had spoke.

Reel gave a manly giggle as he slung out his rotary gun and shot down as many droids as he could.

The two lightsaber wielders stood up front to guard the men of incoming blasts.

Noaa, using his jet pack, took advantage of the high ground.

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

“Such a little warrior. You will be easy to defeat.” Solstice turned at the sound of the ragged voice. The hulking wolf-man chuckled at Jaina’s attempts to harm him. There was a painful thud as Jaina’s foot met his forehead, and the wolf-man grunted.

“Yeah, well, sometimes smaller is better, wolf-guy!” Jaina grinned.

~~~~
    (I had to rewrite part of this in next post)

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Winter Rose.

~Origin unknown

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

She landed another kick, this time on his side, and he roared with rage. With one wild flail of his muscular arms he caught Jaina between his massive paws. She gasped at the sudden jolt, but then assumed an impassive expression.

“Now what do you say, little fighter?” He laughed.

The fighting halted around them.

Solstice deactivated her lightsaber and looked on, telling herself that her anxiety was just concern, that a real Jedi wouldn’t worry, she would trust the Force…

Trust the Force…

As she relaxed, her eyes were drawn to a cluster of thick, rope-like vines a pace from her. Her face lit up.

Solstice caught Jaina’s eyes and motioned to the vines. Jaina gave a subtle nod, and Solstice slowly, silently, crept up to the vines.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Winter Rose.

~Origin unknown

Emma Walker
    @emma-walker

So for some odd reason I keep imagining the feline humanoid Zygerrians instead of wolf people XDXD

. .. … ….

Will cast a worried glance to his little sister.  His breath caught in his thrust when he saw the wolf-guy grab her. Surely she had expected it. Although she was small, she was tough.

Jaina silently curled a finger around on of her hidden daggers.

She remained silent, keeping a piercing gaze at the wolf guy.

Reel’s eyes were wide. If this guy did anything to hurt Jaina then he’d have to answer to Reel.

Steady silently  glanced up at Solstice, eyeing her carefully.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest