fb

Fantasy Writers

What if these characters met?

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 215 total)
  • Author
    MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

Sry but I have one more question…do I just write my ppl or write about others too? or just have mine meet up with them?

"Courage is found in unlikely places." JRR Tolkien

Rebekah12
    @rebekah12

@melancholicwriter

Welcome! I remember you from the Stories and Fantasies topic 😉

My character is Rupert Greeves from N. D. Wilson’s The Ashtown Burials book series, taken from page 253 of book 2 (The Drowned Vault). At least I’m pretty sure it was page 253. *shrugs* Whatever. You may wanna read my *cough rough cough* summary of Rupe’s backstory back on page 13 of this topic, ’cause at lot is explained in it and I’d really rather not have to repeat it (I twisted my brain into a knot trying to figure out how to word it). And you should probably find his character description on page 8 of this topic. Unless you’ve read the series, in which case you’ll already know his appearance.

And I believe that you only control your character(s). That is, the ones that you bring into the story. And yeah, you bring your “ppl” to meet with the group. How is up to you.

@winter_rose

Poor Rupe indeed! And that’s not even counting the deaths of Order members, who are under his protection. . .

@kylie-wingfeather

Yeah, we could definitely use that! When I was first reading Rupert’s explanation of what Phoenix does in book 1, I was like, “Hey, that’s kinda like Gnag.”

It’s not quite the same, though.

The men that Phoenix changes don’t get animal parts. Usually. There are a couple of men who get gills, but that’s the exception. Usually he just takes bits and pieces of different animals, and adds the best parts to people. Like the character Daniel (not Lawrence’s brother; different Daniel) was experimented on by Phoenix, and while his body looks different than it did, he doesn’t have animal parts. Per se. He’s crazy strong now (kangaroo strength, according to Phoenix. . .), and something happened to his eyes to make him a seer.

“Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on.” -- Nick Fury

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

oh, what’s the oldest ppl can be? I have a 15 yr old i want to put in…

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@melancholicwriter

All ages are welcome! 😛 But fifteen is perfect, because most of the characters in the castle right now are kids or young teens.

"The best is yet to come."
    ~Origin unknown

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

I’ve read wingfeather and watched starwars but does anyone else have a weird looking boy?

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@melancholicwriter

I’m not sure exactly what you mean, sorry, but I don’t think so?

~Origin unknown

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

Mercedes Benz

Mercedes’ parents had just been brought to Genoa, and she was beginning preparations for her wedding dress with Mistress Abree when her hand started shaking. She began to feel woozy and swayed back and forth.

“Mistress Mercedes!”  Mistress Abree screamed.

Mercedes legs went weak and she collapsed.

~~~

Mercedes awoke in a dark room. She glanced around warily, hand going to the dagger she always carried, but not too alarmed as this was not the first time she had been taken from her world. She felt weight behind her and reached back, feeling her sword in its back scabbard. Somehow it had appeared with her. This made her a little more uneasy. She slowly lifted herself from the floor, testing to see if anything was broken. Satisfied that all was well, she slowly crept out of the room. She came out into a long corridor, which she dashed down, taking care to make her footfalls light. At the end of the corridor she turned and ran down a shorter hall, stopping when she heard voices. She opened the door a crack and peaked in, coming face-to-face with a boy who was just reaching for the door.

She turned to run but he opened the door and sighed.

“Another one. Come in and tell us your name.”

Mercedes Louis Benz (from a book I’m writing…just tell me if I read wrong about being able to do your own characters.): 15 yr old who got taken to the world of Genoa by the fraud son of the king. 5′ 3″. Brave. Loyal. Good at sword fight. Charming, though on earth she could never manage to get a bf. Finance of the prince of Genoa. Blond hair blue eyes.

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@melancholicwriter

Using your own character is perfectly fine. Is the boy she ran into any specific character?

Oh, Mercedes is such an awesome name! And her story sounds really interesting…

Also, I forgot to mention, at this moment Harry, Ron, Kalmar, and Rex (a Star Wars character brought in by @wingiby-iggiby) are off looking for snacks.

~Origin unknown

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

@winter_rose

the name comes in next

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@melancholicwriter

Oh ok, thanks. Just had to make sure I didn’t need to write from any of my character’s PoVs.

~Origin unknown

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

Sry for not finishing my part yesterday but I had to leave…here’s the rest that I have…oh and can I have someone who’s 18 i think

Mercedes told them her name, where she was from, and what had happened to her. Everyone introduced themselves and Mercedes learned that the boy who had ushered her in was Kalamar Wingfeather, who came from Anneria along with his brother Janner and his sister Leeli.

Everyone came from different worlds and galaxies and didn’t know why they were here. They told Mercedes what they knew about the place and the evil Macha who took away their energy. They explained that they had to get a book from Macha to get her weakness and end her.

At the end of everyone’s explanations, Mercedes sighed and said, “This isn’t like the last time I got taken from my world.”

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@melancholicwriter

Yep, you can bring in as many characters as you can keep track of.

~~~

The new girl, Mercedes, sighed. “This isn’t like the last time I’ve been taken from my world,” she said.

Hermione perked up at this.

“You’ve left your world before?” Hermione asked curiously, and Mercedes nodded. “What was it like? Was it anything at all like this?”

~~~

Sorry it’s short.

Oh, and the descriptions for the Harry Potter characters are on page 8 if you needed those.

~Origin unknown

Rebekah12
    @rebekah12

“Did. . . did you lose someone too?” Hermione asked tentatively.

Rupert looked up. He hadn’t expected that question.

But the girl deserved an answer of some kind.

“Not just one.”

Before anyone could ask him to elaborate, the door opened, and Kalmar, Harry, Ron, and Rex came through. Kal was leading a strange girl. Her hair was blonde, and her eyes were a striking blue color. A long sword was strapped to her back, and a slim dagger was sheathed on her hip.

“I’m Mercedes Benz,” she said with a sunny smile.

The group introduced themselves to her, Rupert going last. Then they offered explanations of everything that had happened. He stayed silent during this, with his arms crossed, nearer the back of the room.

At the end of his, Mercedes let out a sigh, her smile fading. “This isn’t like the last time I’ve been taken from my world.”

Hermione perked up. “You’ve left your world before?” When Mercedes nodded, Hermione leaned forward a little. “What was it like? What it anything at all like this?”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

@kylie-wingfeather
    @winter_rose @wingiby-iggiby @melancholicwriter

*mentally checks my Ashtown Burials details* *Googles it to double-check* Oh my gosh you guys. . . 😲😲😲

I think Macha exists in the Ashtown Burials. I mean, Badb Catha and Anann the Morrigan are both in book 3, and according to Google, they’re like her sisters or something.

*looks at people who actually know the myth to confirm theory*

“Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on.” -- Nick Fury

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@rebekah12

It’s kind of complicated because there are three different Machas all derived from the same basic person, but I think you’re right. One of the Machas has two sisters: “Badb and Morrigu, whose name was Anand”. And uh…. oh, she’s described as one of three Morrigna. I’m kinda just quoting wikipedia here.

But you’re right, it is very likely she exists in Rupert’s world, and could even be one of those Morrigan, because the article mentioned that their names vary.

~Origin unknown

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

Gabriella and Lia were practising archery, or more like Lia was effortlessly hitting dead centre and Gabriella was trying to hit the target.

“Leah, I think I’ve been practising too long. I don’t feel too good.”

“Gabs, stop-” Lia collapsed.

“Lia!” Gabriella tried to run towards Lia, but her knees turned to jelly and she sank to the ground, blacking out.

~~~

Lia woke up in a strange room with Gabi right beside her. She poked Gabi, who rolled onto her knees.

“Gabi, where are we?”

“I don’t know, but I don’t want to stick around to find out.”

Lia drew her bow and Gabi her broadsword and they crept out of the room. They wandered around lost and totally confused until they heard voices in a room. Gabi motioned for Lia to stand ready to give her cover if the occupants were hostile and burst into the room. The occupants spun around and smiled, groaned, or sighed.

“Mercedes, I thought you were the last one,”

Gabriella  (Gabi) Betarrini: Brown/auburn hair. 18. Comes from modern day times, but travels back in time to 14th century Italy where she falls in love.  Fierce and loyal but also very stubborn at points and doesn’t always listen to orders. Amazing with broadsword and very deadly opponent.

Evangelia (Lia) Betarrini: Blond hair and I believe blue eyes. 17 i believe. Sister of Gabi and she is the other hand that puts them back in time. Also starts to fall in love. Impeccable aim with bow and you do not want to be on the other side in a fight. Fiercely loyal and willing to take the risk for those she loves.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 215 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest