fb

Fantasy Writers

What if these characters met?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

Wow, that ended up being pretty long. Sorry ’bout that!

“…I’m not the same person that I was…”
    “Some folks only grow more beautiful.”

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

Luke Skywalker’s PoV (and R2-D2)

Luke Skywalker wasn’t sure what to think of all this.

Not five minutes ago, he had been sitting in Old Ben’s hermit cave, meditating as usual, and occasionally talking to his droid, R2-D2. He had just begun his daily mind exercises when the oddest sensation swept over him. Luke had grabbed his lightsaber, ready for any foe, but was met with only a blank sort of darkness, in mind and feeling. What could have been hours or an instant later he awoke in this room. R2-D2 was at his side, and the droid appeared to have shorted out. Luke bent down and pressed several buttons before the cylindrical droid spun its dome-shaped head and bleeped in confusion. Luke patted Artoo’s head reassuringly and stood.

“I’m not sure what happened either, Artoo,” he said, gazing about his new surroundings.

The room Luke stood in was filled with tapestries of all sorts and sizes, seeming to display every known symbol, coat of arms, and insignia in the galaxy, and many more after that. Underneath the tapestries at the top level more lay draped over the wall, and when Luke pulled those in the back aside he saw only more underneath. Luke shook his head.

He knew that the Force could induce strong hallucinations or visions, but this was unlike anything he had experienced. Perhaps it was some sort of test. Perhaps some dark force was at work here. Perhaps he had drunk too much blue milk again and was paying for it.

Luke shrugged. Only time could tell. He’d stay on his guard, but as long as nothing seemed awry, he saw no reason not to explore this new place. He kept a casual grip on the lightsaber hilt at his side and started down the hallway of tapestries, Artoo following close behind.

~~~~~~

Luke: he’s pretty much your average hero. Blond, tan, handsome, blue eyes, ect. He’s been called whiny, but most of what he does is rooted in a noble cause.

Traits: Brave, a little impulsive, honest/noble/true, headstrong, kind, loyal, INFP, farm boy-turned-Jedi Knight, 19 (ish)

If you just think typical fantasy male protagonist, you’re pretty good to go.

R2-D2: Feisty, brave, determined, stubborn, eccentric, ENTP

Look, I know he’s a droid, but Artoo’s got PERSONALITY.

Kylie S. Pierce
    @kylie-wingfeather

Janner grinned back at his brother, but then felt a wave of dizziness fall over him. Kalmar swayed, and the brothers shared a panicked look before falling into unconsciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When he woke, Janner had no idea where he was. He heard nothing to suggest he was in danger, so he groaned and sat up. Kalmar and Leeli (Janner and Kalmar’s younger sister; her right leg is twisted, so she uses a crutch) groaned and sat up, and all three siblings looked at one another with terrified glances.

“Where are we?”

Kalmar was the first to break the silence. Janner took a breath, trying to look brave for his siblings’ sake.

“I don’t know, but let’s go find out.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it’s so short, but before I can write more I need to know more about what we’re going to do.

Janner Wingfeather: 13, tall, blue eyes, brown hair, scars. Personality: caring, fiercely protective of his siblings, kind, likes Sara Cobbler (likes her as in he has a major crush on her), talented writer and lover of reading. Throne Warden of Anniera.

Kalmar Wingfeather: 11/12, average height, blue eyes, sandy-brown hair. Personality: reckless, funny, almost always hungry (although he may have changed since first/second book, as it never really says during the 3/4.), loves his family, sometimes gets slightly annoyed by Janner, amazing artist, High King of Anniera.

Leeli Wingfeather: 9/10, average height (I assume; it never really says), blue eyes, blond hair, right leg is crippled so uses a crutch. Personality: sweet, kind, but fierce if needs be, loves singing and playing her whistleharp (think tin whistle attached to small harp), friends with the sea dragons and can hear them in her head (along with the rest of her siblings.). Song Maiden of Anniera.

So, I may add more of the characters, but for now it’s just the three Wingfeather siblings. One question, are you going to have Harry and Ron in the Castle too?

~Kylie

"The seed of the New World smolders. Bear the Flame."~The Green Ember.

Kylie S. Pierce
    @kylie-wingfeather

@winter_rose

Hehe, I just looked back over your post and saw the part about the boys running toward Hermione, and wanted to ask if their Janner and Kalmar? Also, what is the time period for your characters? For mine, it’s after Warden and the Wolf King.

~Kylie

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@kylie-wingfeather

In a way, but the characters can’t technically leave the castle, so I look at it as a little quirk in the castle’s magic.

Sometime during the Chamber of Secrets or Prisoner of Azkaban, I’d say.

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

I was originally thinking just Hermione and Hagrid to avoid confusion, but I could probably implement Harry and Ron. I think it might be kinda fun to have all of them there.

If I’m adding in Harry and Ron I’ll also probably bring in Leia and Han from Star Wars, just to spice things up a bit. 😉

Kylie S. Pierce
    @kylie-wingfeather

@winter_rose

Ok! And PoA and CoS sounds great, as they will be around the same age as the Wingfeathers.

Kylie S. Pierce
    @kylie-wingfeather

As the Wingfeather children looked around, Janner felt more confused than ever. Wherever they were, it wasn’t in Anniera (a small island off the coast of Dang, also called the Shining Isle of Anniera or the Isle of Light), Skree (one of the two main continents of Aerwiar), or the Green Hollows (country beside Dang). It wasn’t even Castle Throg (in the Killridge Mountains, which separate the Green Hollows and Dang). Suddenly, Janner heard voices, and he hushed his siblings. They went silent, and all could faintly hear:

“I agree Hagrid. It does feel different here.”

Janner looked at Kalmar questionably, and the brothers drew their swords. Leeli pulled her whistleharp from her belt, and all three siblings crept quietly to the door, the brothers the most silent because of their Durgan training (Durgans: described in two words, warrior-spies). Kalmar hesitated slightly, than pulled open the door slowly, than the Wingfeathers peeked inside. Janner wasn’t sure whether to believe his eyes or not. Two people stood in the room: a young girl around Janner and Kalmar’s age, and a huge man. Not Rudric (Keeper of the Green Hollows) big. No this man, if it was even possible, was even bigger than Rudric. Beside him stood a colossal dog. The people didn’t see them, yet. Kalmar edged closer, but a cloud of dust floated his way and he sneezed. The giant and the girl turned towards them, and the girl pulled a long, slender stick from her pocket and went into a defensive pose. The brothers raised their swords and Leeli brought her whistleharp to her lips. Then the girl yelled “Expelliarmus!” and his sword flew from his grip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, what do you think?

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@kylie-wingfeather

I like it!

~~~~

I’ll try to write and get up the next section soon, though it’ll be a little difficult for me to write characters I don’t know that well yet.
    I’ll also probably have Harry and Ron jump in next.
    I’ll let Luke wander a little bit before he encounters the others. Maybe he’ll meet up with his friends before everyone gets together.

Kylie S. Pierce
    @kylie-wingfeather

@winter_rose

All right, sounds good! And I’ll try my best to write the Star Wars people.

~Kylie

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@kylie-wingfeather

Just a few quick questions: would Janner and his siblings want to share their titles, or keep it to themselves? And how do they feel about their place? Are they proud of it, humbled by it, or don’t really think of it much?

Kylie S. Pierce
    @kylie-wingfeather

@winter_rose

I would say that they would eventually tell your people, once they are a little more acquainted. And they’re humbled by it.

Kylie S. Pierce
    @kylie-wingfeather

P.S.

Are we on here at the same time?

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

@kylie-wingfeather

Ok, thanks.

I think that we are. But I think I’m in a different time zone because according to the site you’re posting in the future.

Kylie S. Pierce
    @kylie-wingfeather

@winter_rose

It’s that way for me too.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest