@the-inkspiller
Active 3 years, 10 months ago-
Martin Detwiler started the topic Week 9: Writing Life; Getting a Professional Edit (Jane Maree) in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 5 months ago
Hello Ereki!
Today we have a new discussion piece brought to us by Guildmaster Jane Maree! This is a more technical writing life article about professional editing.
I learned a whole lot from it! Hope you guys do as well. 🙂
+++
Getting a Professional Edit
If you’re pursuing publishing, whether traditional or self published, a pr…[Read more]
-
E. Grace replied to the topic April 2019 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 5 months ago
Hey guys! What are your goals for this week?
As for me:
– Edit
– Finish painting
– Perform well on Friday
– Meet my running goal
– Beta-read
Proverbs 16:3 “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.”
@hope-ann @mlbolangerauthor @lady-frosttongue @sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu [Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic April Word War! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 5 months ago
The moment you may or may not have been waiting for…
The results of April Word War!
Parimi Alca: 60,196
Meraki: 41,706
Erekdale: 23,954
New Wessex: 23,438
Avensbeck: 14,653
Rillumen: 6,096
Knaphollow: 5,154We got third. *throws feathers* Great job everyone! We were only 516 words ahead of 4th. That was a close one. So no matter how small your…[Read more]
-
Princess Foo started the topic Prompt War: Second Person in the forum Announcements 7 years, 5 months ago
KREEE! KREE! To me my warriors! It is time to battle again against the forces of doom. Or something. This month’s prompt: Write a story in second person.
Just like always, we need three people to commit to writing, and three to commit to editing. However, even if you didn’t commit to helping, don’t let that stop you from participating. The more…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic April Word War! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 5 months ago
If you haven’t turned in your word count yet, you should so now. Cause if you put things off you tend to just keep putting them off. *mutters*at least I do that…
So here’s just a friendly reminder for y’all to turn in your word counts! Whether they be 10, 100, 1000, 10,000, or 100,000 words! (If you have 100,000 I might be a little concerned…[Read more] -
Audrey Caylin started the topic Short Story Contest in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 5 months ago
Who else has seen the announcement for the next SE short story contest? I might have totally flipped out and squealed when I saw it. xD
Anyway, I thought it would be cool to start a thread for other Ereki who are planning on participating. We can brainstorm ideas, keep each other accountable, beta read each other’s stories later on — all that…[Read more]
-
Martin Detwiler started the topic Week 8: Writing Life; Forming Consistent Writing Habits (Maddie Morrow) in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 5 months ago
Hello all!
This week we have something prepared for us by Maddie Morrow. Give it a read and let’s talk about it!
+++
Forming Habits to Write Consistently
We’ve all seen the various memes out there laughing over the fact that writers want to be writers, without ever actually having to write.
And while I can appreciate a good meme, that s…[Read more]
-
E. Grace replied to the topic April 2019 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 5 months ago
@catwing @kelly-lundgren Glad to hear it!
–
Okay, guys, another Monday has rolled around! What are your goals for the week?
Hmm… I think this week I will:
— Do some more art
— Practice more
— Edit
— Beta-read (for some reason I almost never end up getting around to this… :P)
What about you all?
Psalm 33:11 “But the plans of the…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic April Word War! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 5 months ago
KREE! *plays Words by Hawk Nelson* Ereki! It is the last day of the Word War! Let’s try and get some more words in! And don’t forget to turn in your word count ending at midnight, here.
Let’s win this y’all! *throws feathers*
@hope-ann @mlbolangerauthor @lady-frosttongue @sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @f…[Read more]
-
Martin Detwiler started the topic Week 7: Writing Life; How to Deal with Discouragement in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 5 months ago
Hello Erekdale!
Today, we have a discussion piece from Faith Blum, where she talks for a little bit about being non-motivated or discouraged as a writer.
Though short, her words leave a lot to unpack. I’m hoping we can really get into it this week. 🙂
+++
Non-motivation is a real thing. It is also paralyzing. I ought to know, I’m dealing w…[Read more]
-
E. Grace replied to the topic April 2019 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 5 months ago
Psalm 37:4-5 “Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this.”
New week! What are your goals?
My goals:
— Practice music 2 hours daily
— Finish school work
— Draw and… maybe paint a little
— Edit!
— Beta-read
-
Catwing started the topic April Word War! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 5 months ago
*flies in* *Krees excitedly* We finally got the results for the last Word War! And we won! *throws feathers and chocolate for everyone* I’m just going to repeat them here cause I’m excited!
Erekdale: 27,070
Parami Alca: 11,320
New Wessex: 10,859
Knaphollow: 8,187
Meraki: 292And shout out to @emgc who won with the most individual words! 22,393…[Read more]
-
Martin Detwiler started the topic Week 6: Writing Life; How and What to Read as Writers (Brandon Miller) in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 5 months ago
Hey guys!
From the desk of Brandon Miller, we have a shortish discussion piece for this week. Enjoy!
+++
How and What to Read as Writers:
Okay so, we’re all writers, right? We weave words and spin tales and generally have a good go at reality. For most of us though, our love for stories started on the other side of the experience — as r…[Read more]
-
Martin Detwiler replied to the topic Injustice in a Story in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 5 months ago
Despite the information you gave me (fun to see some of the inside scoop :P), I think it’ll take me too long to sort out everything and still give decent advice – so I’m going to see if I can approach this from a more global perspective, tying into what you seemed to be getting at with your concluding sentence:
“I want to lead t…
-
Martin Detwiler replied to the topic Injustice in a Story in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 5 months ago
@the-inkspiller I put a long reply in a google doc and got a lot written in it and then forgot. I’m going to try and finish it tonight, though. 🙂
-
E. Grace replied to the topic April 2019 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 5 months ago
Jeremiah 29:11 “I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD, “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
So how did everyone survive their goals last week? I did not really set any goals (I know, kinda hypocritical 😛). It was kinda an insane week. I’m hoping I will be able to do more this week…[Read more]
-
Martin Detwiler started the topic Week 5: Writing Life; Balance of Writing Life and Health in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 5 months ago
Hello Ereki!
I’m a bit late, please do pardon me! But I am here. And I present to you an excellent discussion piece for you guys tonight from the desk of Jess Penrose.
Without any further ado:
+++
Balance of Writing Life and HealthDisclaimer: I am not a professional in any of the subjects discussed in this lesson, and am simply stating what…[Read more]
-
E. Grace replied to the topic April 2019 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 5 months ago
How did your goals go last week, everyone?
What are your goals for this week?
Psalm 119: 105 Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
@hope-ann @mlbolangerauthor @lady-frosttongue @sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @filewriter @princess-foo @catwing @kelly-lundgren @allison-grace <…[Read more]
-
Martin Detwiler replied to the topic Weekly Wonderings in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 6 months ago
Good evening, Ereki!
Today’s question comes from @sarah-inkdragon:
What’s your opinion on writing “realistic” books? Meaning as in the levels of gore, violence, etc. People seem to crave a realistic view to books and novels anymore, even in the fantasy genre, which has given rise to the ever-popular anti-hero. But where do you think you shoul…
-
Martin Detwiler started the topic Week 4: Writing Life; What To Do When You're Not Writing (Martin Detwiler) in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 6 months ago
Hey guys!
How is everyone?!
This week I had the privilege to write up the weekly discussion post, so without any introductory comment, I’m going to post it below!
+++
How To Cultivate the Eye of an Artist
When we sit down at our desks and take up our pens, ready to mark down the next few hundred words, what is the mindset that has filled up…[Read more]
- Load More












