-
Gracie replied to the topic Pre-prologue in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 3 months ago
I’m sorry you had to start over. 🙁
Okay, pre-prologue has disappeared. 🙂 The Roman scene it is.
I watched the video you linked, and might again. (:
Another, smaller problem I had with the pre-prologue is the POV. As a general advice – don’t use omniscient POV.
So, you likely don’t want me to do this in the
prologue(: First chap…[Read more] -
Eitan replied to the topic Pre-prologue in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 3 months ago
Oh, I wrote a whole comment and then the electricity fell…
Your writing is really good! Descriptions, punctuation, etc., you do it great. Good job!
You’ve also portrayed good the relationships in the family. Malachi sounds like a real elder brother, and I say it as an elder brother 😉
The main problem with the pre prologue is that……[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Pre-prologue in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 3 months ago
I think this is the one you already read. *embarrassed look* I haven’t edited yet. Sorry.
-
Beth replied to the topic Pre-prologue in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 3 months ago
I’ll make sure to read this lol!
-
Beth Darlene joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 3 months ago
-
Gracie started the topic Pre-prologue in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 3 months ago
Six year old Chena Batjehoshaphat laughed as she and her two brothers chased a plump frog.
“Hurry! Hurry! Before he reaches the stream!” Nine-year-old Malachi rushed ahead, shoving his little sister aside.
Far behind them Levi, his chin only reaching a finger over the tall grass began to cry. Chena glanced back, her shoulders low…[Read more]
-
Olivia Catherine joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 3 months ago
-
imwritehere1920 joined the group Writers of Children’s/Middle-Grade Books 6 years, 3 months ago
-
-
Anna S. joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Gracie replied to the topic WWI in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
Your story idea is amazing!
-
Gracie replied to the topic Old West in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
Wow! And awesome!
I have a book with that article in it. Amazing that you’re making a story from it! I really think it was real. They’re not the only ones who saw such creatures (though farther back a ways.) In 106ish BC Marcus Tulliues Cicero wrote about flying snakes, and where they lived. In the same paragraph that he talked about the ibis…[Read more]
-
Kimmi joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
kim.vdhelm joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Chalice joined the group Writers of Children’s/Middle-Grade Books 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Patience joined the group Writers of Children’s/Middle-Grade Books 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Patience joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Rusted Knight replied to the topic Trying to decide in the forum Writers of Children's/Middle Grade Books 6 years, 4 months ago
Well what about my book? I’m going to avoid cussing the Disney way (By Jove, Shoot, Jiminy Crickets) but how to deal with fighting. My main character is a fey and is about six inches tall and is a swordsman (guns don’t work at that scale). How far is too far when he fights bees, hornets, mice, spiders and other assorted pests?
-
I think it depends on how graphic you are. If you describe blood spurting everywhere and guts coming out of his slain foes then…it’s prob not for middle graders! haha
If you just say that he fought it and not go into detail on how the creature died than it is prob okay! Just my opinion. lol Hope it helps. 🙂
-
-
Rusted Knight joined the group Writers of Children’s/Middle-Grade Books 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Rusted Knight replied to the topic WWI in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
Interesting idea. To help with your kids and story maybe. War in itself is bad. Plain and simple. Kill or be killed. Not something God made us for. Now, I am thinking of becoming a soldier myself and have come to understand something. An unrighteous war is a truly evil war. Think WWII from the Nazi diehard’s view. How can one justify the death of…[Read more]
- Load More












