-
Veraza Winterknight replied to the topic The Inklings Renewed in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 7 years ago
@hope-mcclellan Thanks! I’m an alto through and through. I just got back from the first choir practice of this semester, and can I just say… I realllllly want to burn one of the songs. The altos keep having to sing really high on it. *facefloor*
Thank you! I like creating races. And I try to put my own spin on the ones that have been done…[Read more]
-
Veraza Winterknight replied to the topic The Inklings Renewed in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 7 years ago
@hope-mcclellan Yeah. As @tashah-claymore said, we know each other irl and are used to each other’s antics. XD (Well, the antics are mostly mine, but ya know.)
Also, the centaurs with rugs idea sounds pretty cool! And I like the swamp dwarves too.
Yep. The Mirkwood elves’ home in the movies was also created out of stone, at least…[Read more]
-
W.O.Norfleet replied to the topic The Inklings Renewed in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 7 years ago
That’s a great idea! ON CENTAURS: The centaurs I use usually – in the much earlier history – lived in lush valleys toward the north. Now they are more of a myth among the peoples. Talk and tell of them is very rare. I like your rugs! The dwarves are great chefs (among other things) and the gnomes are known for their skill in the…[Read more]
-
Tashah Claymore replied to the topic The Inklings Renewed in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 7 years ago
@hope-mcclellan yeah, @kari-karast and I know each other from homeschool choir where we live. Hilarity is bound to happen. Plus, we’re both crazy writers and have other crazy writer friends. XD
Your swamp dwarves (Can I call them that?) sound really cool! I love the idea, especially since it’s SO DIFFERENT from the typical mountain dwarves. I…[Read more]
-
radicallysurrendered replied to the topic Hello!!!!! New girl here… in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years ago
Thank you so much!
It’s really not that impressive when you consider that I actually have to use all of the languages on a regular basis. I don’t just know a language for the fun of it, I need to know them. ASL sounds like so much fun! I’d love to learn it, but I don’t think I’d be able to learn it quickly without regular…[Read more]
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years ago
‘I will Follow’ is actually one of my favorite Chris Tomlin songs. We have like his first album so yeah 😆
Yep! Born again is a good one!
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years ago
@hope-mcclellan You’re quite welcome!
-
W.O.Norfleet replied to the topic The Inklings Renewed in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 7 years ago
@hope-mcclellan @kari-karast @tashah-claymore @evelyn
@hope, well, I guess with “races” I meant species, but we could also talk of the different races within the species. Another great idea! So yes, I would agree with dwarves and would dare to say this: is it known throughout all here that the true and more interesting way of saying and speaking…[Read more]
-
Tashah Claymore replied to the topic The Inklings Renewed in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 7 years ago
Which Race should we start with? Any particular one?
-
W.O.Norfleet replied to the topic The Inklings Renewed in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 7 years ago
Alright, so let’s discuss how the different races in general, and the particular environment that they would want to be within. Depending of course on them.
-
W.O.Norfleet replied to the topic The Inklings Renewed in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 7 years ago
Before I begin…ARE YOU OKAY?!!! I mean, falling off the trampoline is one thing, but from the SKY? That’s gotta hurt.
Let us begin!
-
W.O.Norfleet replied to the topic The Inklings Renewed in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 7 years ago
Oh, and @hope-mcclellan. Anyone else y’all know of?
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years ago
@hope-mcclellan Mmm; I do that a fair bit in my book (set in airborne islands populated by winged people), but I’m guessing you’re referring to published works here. 😉 I tend to really like Brandon Sanderson’s approach to worldbuilding, and he focuses on realistic details probably the most in his Stormlight Archive series (though I wouldn’t…[Read more]
-
Evelyn replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years ago
@hope-mcclellan I write mostly poetry and fantasy and contemporary fiction.
That’s amazing! I love worldbuilding. Its a lot of fun. 🙂
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years ago
@hope-mcclellan I listen to exclusively Christian and instrumental as well. That is our family’s policy. Yeah there are some good ones from all those artists. I like Hollyn a lot. Have you ever heard of Chris Tomlin or Austin French?
I love singing. . . don’t know if my voice is any good, but I sing. I play the piano and want to play violin
-
W.O.Norfleet replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years ago
That sounds like a really interesting thing to read.
Yeah, same here. Ever since I’ve been on here there seems to be lots and lots of people that I share similarities with. It’s great.
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years ago
What kind of music do you like?
-
Evelyn replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years ago
@hope-mcclellan Welcome to Story Embers!
I am fluent enough in ASL to carry on a conversation with a toddler about food and toys and weather and school, but that’s about it. 😉 I reeeally love the language though. It’s beautiful!
Also your fantasy world sounds really neat! How long have you been working on it?
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years ago
Welcome to the site, @hope-mcclellan! I really like books that deal with the small minutiae of fantasy worlds and how it would realistically work, so your comments about that and centaurs sounds really interesting! 🙂 Have you read any of Lewis’ other works of fiction, or have you just gone through his Narnia series?
-
W.O.Norfleet replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years ago
Gee, thanks!
That’s nice.
Same here! That’s what I do! I do something like this for my poetry. My way of going about it is to always glorify God. Both through it and of it. I usually write about nature and use metaphor to show a deeper meaning.
That sounds awesome!! I’ve the centaurs and dwarves, too (I use dwarves, too. Dwarfs…[Read more]
- Load More












