The Inklings Renewed

Forums Fiction Research and Worldbuilding The Inklings Renewed

This topic contains 84 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Veraza Winterknight 3 hours, 6 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)
  • Author

William Norfleet
    @w-o-holmes

@evelyn, @tashah-claymore, and all others that anyone knows who is into world building.

What shall we talk about?

"Eistret an guol nuurdor ank dohk remna lathlrao."- Uondon of Andim

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

*stalks*

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Tashah Claymore
    @tashah-claymore

@w-o-holmes hmmm, good question.  Maybe different Races and why those Races are in the particular wold they’re in?  Just a thought.  It’s something I haven’t really thought about and I think it has the potential to be very interesting.

"Everybody wants to change the world but no one, no one wants to die." -My Chemical Romance: Na Na Na

William Norfleet
    @w-o-holmes

Oh, and @hope-mcclellan. Anyone else y’all know of?

William Norfleet
    @w-o-holmes

@tashah-claymore

That is a great topic, shall we discuss it? And maybe how these races relate to their surroundings? We could also talk about tips on the development of races and cultures and also have debates.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

*stops stalking and falls through skylight*

EEHEE THIS IS A GOOD SUBJECT

Tashah Claymore
    @tashah-claymore

@w-o-holmes sounds good to me!

@kari-karast

*awkwardly catches you *

"Everybody wants to change the world but no one, no one wants to die." -My Chemical Romance: Na Na Na

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@tashah-claymore

Why thank you. *extricates self awkwardly and hides in corner*

William Norfleet
    @w-o-holmes

Before I begin…ARE YOU OKAY?!!! I mean, falling off the trampoline is one thing, but from the SKY? That’s gotta hurt.

Let us begin!

@evelyn @tashah-claymore @kari-karast @hope-mcclellan

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@w-o-holmes

Don’t worry, I’m fine! Not only am I a tea genie, but I’m also cursed with immortality. (Both long stories, don’t ask.)

How do we begin?

Tashah Claymore
    @tashah-claymore

@kari-karast you are most welcome.

@w-o-holmes yes, let’s!

William Norfleet
    @w-o-holmes

Alright, so let’s discuss how the different races in general, and the particular environment that they would want to be within. Depending of course on them.

@tashah-claymore @kari-karast @hope-mcclellan @evelyn

Tashah Claymore
    @tashah-claymore

Which Race should we start with?  Any particular one?

@w-o-holmes @kari-karast @hope-mcclellan @evelyn

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@kari-karast KARI

I haven’t seen you in like… forever! XD

*tackle hugs you* 😉

Hope McClellan
    @hope-mcclellan

Hi everybody! Wow this looks awesome! Worldbuilding is so fun! Looks like I joined in a little late. This discussion is hilarious so far, though. XD I would be interested in knowing what @w-o-holmes meant in “different races…and the particular environment that they would want to be within”. So would dwarves want to be in a different environment than fairies? Or would there be different “races” within the actual species, like we have different races even though we’re all human. Like, in my fantasy world, different species live all throughout the country, but I do have three different “races” or subspecies of fairies, one of which is is my Ice Fairies, which, obviously, live in snowy environments. Is this what you meant? Or am I totally confused?

As for what species we discuss, I vote dwarves. They’re pretty well-known. Elves are also very common, but unfortunately I know nothing about them. Personally my favorite mythological species of all time is centaurs, but those aren’t all that common. Leave it to me to adore an unusual species. 😛

There's always a story brewing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest