-
J.A.Penrose replied to the topic Word War : April 2019 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 4 months ago
Results are in!!!!!! YAY!
Parimi Alca: 60196
Meraki: 41706
Erekdale: 23954
New Wessex: 23438
Avensbeck: 14653
Rillumen: 6096
Knaphollow: 5154WOOT! Good job…[Read more]
-
Evelyn replied to the topic Check In – April Week Five in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 4 months ago
@coggleton Hm. Interesting. So what you are saying is that he wants to create a culture that upholds evil things, that tears down people, not physically (except if it drives them to suicide) but emotionally, and spiritually?
-
Taylor Clogston replied to the topic Check In – April Week Five in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 4 months ago
@coggleton If you’ve not already, maybe you should look at Plato, Marx, and Hobbes’ arguments for the control of culture. Looking to how these inspired real people and arguments in history could give inspiration for Zalal’s arguments and methods.
-
J.A.Penrose started the topic Writing Life : Forming Habits to Write Consistently in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 4 months ago
Hey guys, sorry this is late. But guess what? It’s May, and time for me to set up some new things for the guild! (It’s also International Star Wars Day, so as a Sith, I’m pretty darn excited about that.)
Back on task though. Today we’re hearing from Maddie about how to gain the habits required to write consistently. I’m excited, because I’m…[Read more]
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread (Here Be Spoilers) in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 5 months ago
@coggleton Yeah–I’m pretty sure CA gave Mjolnir back to Dark World era-Thor.
Yeah–either a Lex Luthor or someone who can actually go toe-to-toe with her seems necessary here.
That would have been neat. It’s interesting that as central as the stones were, we didn’t see a ton of their unique powers in the films outside of IW for the most part…[Read more]
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread (Here Be Spoilers) in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 5 months ago
@princess-foo I’m a huge fan of Nando v Movies as well–most all of his videos suggest some really solid revisions, and I was very much on board for his suggestions for revising Endgame.
@coggleton You know, I came out with the same thoughts regarding Thanos–he didn’t seem quite as interesting. I’m not sure how much that had to do with it being…[Read more]
-
Evelyn replied to the topic Check In – April Week Five in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 5 months ago
@coggleton Application letters sound tedious. 😛
And that’s an interesting idea about your antagonist. What do you picture when you say “cultural power”? How would he gain that?
-
I, David replied to the topic Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread (Here Be Spoilers) in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 5 months ago
@coggleton To just touch quickly on one point: They refrained from abusing Captain Marvel because she was a Deus Ex Machina. She blew up Thanos’s ship like it was cardboard–and that immense power is in character for her. Even her fighting Thanos was a fluke because he got a lucky hit–though that happened a lot. Let’s just say every character t…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose replied to the topic Word War : April 2019 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 5 months ago
Hey guys! Word counts in by…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose started the topic Word War Thread in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 5 months ago
Hello all! I’m just going to let you know that this thread exists now! *throws celebration confetti everywhere*
If you want to have a word war with people (where you basically have a writing race with each other) you can just say you’re around and up for a war!
If you want to be notified of people requesting wars, click the little box at the…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose started the topic Writing Life : How to Deal with Non-Motivation/Discouragement in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 5 months ago
Hello Parimis!
I’m going to say now: feeling unmotivated and discouraged is something I struggle with a lot. I don’t tend to deal with it well (you can occasionally walk into my room to find me curled up in blankets on the floor with a lifetime supply of chai-tea and tissues) but it looks like Faith has a few words of wisdom for us…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose started the topic Word War : April 2019 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 5 months ago
Hello Parimis!
This week, there is a word war! *cheers*
What: Seeing how many words you can write individually, as well as seeing what guild wrote the most. The words have to be fiction. (poetry or prose)
Who: All of those on the Story Embers Forum. (us included!)
When: Monday 22 EST to Sunday 29 EST
Where: Right HERE
Why: To help build your…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose started the topic Writing Life : How and What to Read as Writers in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 5 months ago
Hello Parimis!
This is our Weekly Guild Discussion from Brandon this week, and we’ll be looking at a really cool topic: Reading. Without any further rambling at the front, we’ll hand over to Brandon.
Okay so, we’re all writers, right? We weave words and spin tales and generally have a good go at reality. For most of us though, our love for s…[Read more]
-
April J. Rhys started the topic What is your Storyteller's Superstrength? in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 5 months ago
Hello, guild people! 🙂
Once my writing teacher told me that every writer had a super power. Something that they were especially good at. Maybe it was wordsmithing, or world building, or description, or connecting readers with a character, or creating a sense of suspense, etc.
So, since I’m still meeting you all, I wanted to know what you think…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose replied to the topic You Have Arrived at Parimi Alca! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 5 months ago
Parimis! Attention!
We have some amazing new Parimis! I’m sure you’re all super excited, like me, plus, holidays have started for where I am, so I’m trying to convince myself that essays can wait, and I can actually do a heap more here to get it properly going again.
Anyways. Please make @april-j-rhys and @being-crazy-is-not-all-bad feel welcome…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose started the topic Writing Life : Balanced Writing Life to Health in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 5 months ago
Ello Parimis! It’s me, Jess! Yay. I feel like it’s been an age since I’ve written one of these, but today, we are looking at health while writing. This probably sounds an awful lot like what you’ve heard in PDHPE lessons, but just bear with me. 😀
Disclaimer: I am not a professional in any of the subjects discussed in this lesson, and am…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose started the topic Writing Life : What to Do When You’re Not Writing in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 5 months ago
Up to lesson four now, Parimis! Today we’re hearing from Martin, and he’s looking at what he has dubbed, ‘the Artist’s Eye’. I can’t wait to get stuck into it. 😀
Thanks Martin!
When we sit down at our desks and take up our pens, ready to mark down the next few hundred words, what is the mindset that has filled up all the space on either side…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose replied to the topic Guild War : A Believable Conversion in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
MY DUDES, WE DID AWESOME!
Wait for it…
We were highly commended again! Guys, this is stellar! It was a super hard prompt, and I’m so proud of you. Plus, getting highly commended every time has to be a good sign. 😛
Here’s the doc with all of the entries!…[Read more]
-
CalebOnline replied to the topic Neo-RPFL in the forum Characters 7 years, 6 months ago
You’ve been tagged! This is an announcement for a new Role Play For…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose started the topic Writing Life : Is there Any More Time? in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 6 months ago
Hi Guys! Today, we’re hearing from Faith, and looking at how you can balance your writing life with the rest of your life.
24 hours. 1,440 minutes. 86,400 seconds. That’s how much time we have each day. And yet, it seems like we never have enough hours, minutes, or seconds to get everything done. What do you do when you can’t seem to squ…[Read more]
- Load More












