-
PenSword replied to the topic Any Fellow “Sherlock Holmes” Fans Out There? *raises hand* in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
I’ve read the entire series of books/short stories at least once. Some stories I’ve read multiple times. I’ve also enjoyed several of the old Basil Rathbone/Nigel Bruce movies, and I’m a fan of the show. I haven’t seen the RDJ movies though.
-
A.N. Parker replied to the topic Any Fellow “Sherlock Holmes” Fans Out There? *raises hand* in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
YESSS! Totally. 😀 I love the cases so much! I can’t wait to finish the series, even though that won’t be for a while, haha.
I can understand that. He’s nothing like the original character, but that’s what makes me like the movies. He’s so unique (the movies are HILARIOUS, LOL) and so different from Conan Doyle’s Sherlock that it makes the…[Read more]
-
Elisha Starquill replied to the topic Any Fellow “Sherlock Holmes” Fans Out There? *raises hand* in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
@bigideaskc – YES, I love Sherlock Holmes. The cases are so clever, so witty, so captivating (even if you’ve read all of them hundreds of times, like I have xD) that it got me interested in writing mystery. There’s a lot of awesome cases, so you’re in for a treat. 😉
I haven’t watched that movie, because Robert Downey, Jr. is not remotely how I…[Read more]
-
Elisha Starquill joined the group Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
-
A.N. Parker started the topic Any Fellow “Sherlock Holmes” Fans Out There? *raises hand* in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
‘Ello, Emberlings! I know this is a forum for writing mystery, not reading mystery, but I still wanted to ask – are there any fellow fans of the Sherlock Holmes books (and/or most recent movies with Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law)? I found the last book, The Return of Sherlock Holmes, a little while ago and decided to pick it up and read a bit of…[Read more]
-
Katthewriter replied to the topic The Secret Plan (Chap 1) in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
CHAPTER 2
Jacoby
After what seemed like hours of unpacking my belongings, I finally got to the last box. Jacoby’s Special Belongings was labeled on the side of it. I slowly ran my knife around the edges as a thick soreness bore down on my arms like weights.
Opening the box, the air filled with dust, old and new; with memories, joyful and p…[Read more] -
Veraza Winterknight replied to the topic The Secret Plan in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
@katthewriter Ooooh I like ’em!!
-
Katthewriter started the topic The Secret Plan (Chap 1) in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
Ik this is not any good. But its the second draft that I’m working on, and its waaayyy better than draft 1. But idk if anyone else will like this.
The SECRET Plan (2nd Draft)
CHAPTER 1
Joe
I could almost see her clear as glass sitting on the bench next to me. Her dirty blonde hair, her soft hazel eyes, her light unblemished skin, an…[Read more]
-
JennytheFaun joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 7 months ago
-
Katthewriter replied to the topic The Secret Plan in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
*shrugs* idk. I might be the only one who will like this whole series…

-
Katthewriter replied to the topic The Secret Plan in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago

-
A.N. Parker replied to the topic Guess I’ll break the ice … in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
@caffeinated_hipster0218 Ooh! Sounds intriguing. 😀
-
caffeinated_hipster0218 replied to the topic Guess I’ll break the ice … in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
I guess I’ll go! I would say mine is a combination of Dead Poet’s Society and End of the ******* World. Though it’s completely clean, it’s a story about two kids running away from a very facade-esque town to grow and experience the real world, but as the story goes on we find about a deep root of abuse and hurt in one of the character’s lives.
-
caffeinated_hipster0218 joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 7 months ago
-
-
caffeinated_hipster0218 joined the group Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
-
Katthewriter replied to the topic The Secret Plan in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
My favorite cherries are in this book. Seeing how you liked Yuri i think you’d like alot of them too.
-
ClaireElyse joined the group Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
-
ClaireElyse joined the group Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
-
A.N. Parker replied to the topic Guess I’ll break the ice … in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
@joshuapior Good question! Hmmmm… I guess it would be Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (wings) meets Chronicles of Narnia (battles and good sides/bad sides and such)? Or Maximum Ride (wings) meets quality. 😏 *glares at the movie that TOTALLY could’ve been better*
- Load More












