-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Prose Prompt! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
Rillumen! I’d like to remind you that we have one week left to finish the prompt.. Let’s get this well underway! I’m working on a second person writing style… and I think that’s what we should go for. Please tell me your thoughts.
Also, something tells me Avensbeck is not lagging. We really need to pick up the pace!
RILLUMEN! ILLUMINATE THE…[Read more]
-
Rachel Rogers replied to the topic I finished my novella! in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years ago
@quinn-ofallon *throws pecan leaf confetti everywhere* That. Is. Awesome!!! Congratulations! *accepts virtual cake*
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Prose Prompt! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
Cool! Any thoughts to add? (the doc is open to test things on and discuss ideas)
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Prose Prompt! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
Hey Quinn! Have you seen the writing prompt?
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Prose Prompt! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
Lumenian Warriors! I am on the doc, putting some stuff up… Please join me there if you can.
-
Brandon Miller started the topic Turning Over a New Leaf in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years ago
HEY GUYS. I’M BACK.
You may have noticed, Rillumen has been really quiet of late. And in that silence, I have been silenter. Long story short, college didn’t do the usual ramp up into the semester thing and I got tidal-waved with homework week one. Labor day helped me catch up though, and I’m back in the game now.
Yay!
First up, some anno…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Eh! Don't we have a prompt? Rillumen has catching up to do! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
Lumenian Solders! We have the prompt:
‘Your prompt is: “Write any story you choose with the most original and creative prose you can.”’
Hahaha! This is interesting. Let’s brainstorm…
Here’s a doc for us to lay our thoughts down on: Rillumen Writing Prompt Worktable
Just hop down there and start laying down prose. Test your ideas, stret…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith started the topic Prose Prompt! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
@brandon-miller, will you give us the writing prompt? Rillumen really needs to step up their game… Just give it to us and I can help organize everything…
@graceabounds2129, are you gonna be here with us? I’d like to work with you…[Read more]
-
Throne Warden of Emberia replied to the topic Andrew Peterson in the forum Story Analysis 8 years, 1 month ago
@quinn-ofallon I haven’t watched it, but I would like to.
-
Brie Donning replied to the topic I finished my novella! in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years, 1 month ago
@quinn-ofallon Congratulations!
Finishing things is one of the best feelings.
What’s your novella about?
-
Brandon Miller started the topic 2018 Week 13 – Arachnoid Terror!! in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 1 month ago
Hey everybody,
I haven’t finished up my plan for these activities moving forward, but thanks to all of your REALLY AWESOME feedback on my topic last week it seems that the picture prompt activity was by far the most popular, so I thought I’d spin another of those together.You need to write a short scene. Source of conflict? The glass w…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller started the topic Regrouping in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 1 month ago
Hey guys!
So I’ve been having an issue lately… coming up with a new one of these every week is hard. That’s my excuse for not posting one this week.
Sorry. I know it’s lame.
However. I’m going to take this week to put together something of a long-term plan that will (hopefully) help me communicate and use these activities to really be h…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic The Static Touch… Enjoy. in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years, 2 months ago
Thank you! I just saw it 🙂
-
Brandon Miller started the topic VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey guys,
We’ve got two big things going down this week.
First, FEEDBACK FORMS. The Story Embers staff and Guildmasters are looking to make these guilds even way more better. To do that, we need your guys’ thoughts. So, we’ve put together this short survey for everyone to go through instead of doing an activity this week. Please take a few…[Read more]
-
Coralie replied to the topic Week 12 – Mood in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 2 months ago
@quinn-ofallon Oh my goodness! You’re foreboding one was my favorite!! It was beautiful!
@missfaeriekaiti I love your verbs. That’s a great way to change the mood!
@happyholly_c Awww! Your sad one was spot on! That stirred me inside and made my heart tighten. Wow!
@wordsmith Oh my goodness! That last one! I was like, “Aw, cute, a little girl…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller replied to the topic A Fun War in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey guys results are posted.
I’m running out of ways to say this but… Avensbeck won again. 😐
Anyway, we’ll get them next time. I want to heap praise on @wordsmith and @graceabounds2129 again because they were awesome. Nice work everyone with the ideas too, that was cool.
I’m not sure when our next guild war will be. We’re going to be fi…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Week 12 – Mood in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 2 months ago
Yes, yes and yes!
-
graceabounds2129 replied to the topic Home for a Year Chapter 1 Excerpt in the forum Critiques 8 years, 2 months ago
I just realized I never replied to your comment! First of all, thank you so much for your help!!! And it is nice to meet you 🙂
I can’t say I’m super surprised the first section needs some revamping…. I think I might have revised it once… It’s pretty much the original writing from nearly five years ago… Will definitely take…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Week 12 – Mood in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 2 months ago
@quinn-ofallon, oooooo! I like your last one the most!
Here are mine… Try to guess which is which.
“My hands, covered in blood, shake as they hold the gun, and the door opens, creaking.”
“The music pulses through my head, right from my heart, and playing it’s self on the instrument in my dancing fingers.”
“She grips my hand, and I grip it…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller started the topic Week 12 – Mood in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 2 months ago
One strength that descriptions have is their ability to set the mood for a scene. For example, if my character is walking in the woods I can describe either the spring breeze brushing through the trees or the hollow, cracking leaves whisping through the eeire silence. In these descriptions I’m describing the same thing, but I’m creating a t…[Read more]
- Load More












