fb

Activity

  • @the-inkspiller

    I heard about him! Reportedly, his iron hand was so well made that he could hold a quill with it. One thing’s for sure, he left an interesting legacy. XD

    I’ve been thinking about the dilemma of the poison, and I might have a solution, but I have no idea if it’s feasible in any way, shape, or form.

    Here’s the idea. The first dose of poison was administered by a cut with a poisoned knife. This means the poison was delivered directly to the bloodstream, so it would work fairly quickly. But, if the concentration was too low to be lethal, I think you’d get some pretty nasty symptoms, but they’d get better within a few days if the dosage was fairly low. As far as I can guess, correct me if I’m wrong.

    Now, what if the assassin administered another dose of the poison before the other had entirely worked out? This could be done multiple times, and so the poison would eventually accumulate. The biggest question is whether it would accumulate.

    By my guess, the symptoms would either get progressively worse, or the victim would become weaker, but he’d die either way, in the end.

    Next question, would it be effective to administer the poison to the cut?

    A way I thought of administering the poison was via bandages that were soaked in a dilution of the poison and then left to dry. The solvent will evaporate, but I think the toxic chemical might not. If this applied to the cut, I think the poison would be absorbed into the cut, and from there into the bloodstream.

    I’ve actually never heard or read of this, so I have no idea if it’s feasible.

    The one issue I have with this is that the cut will close within a few hours. It’s deep, but one of the characters will stitch it, so it should close.

    Would there need to be some sort of chemical added to the poison to keep the cut from closing?

    The assassin has no way to reach the food or water supply, so I can’t see any other way how this would work. I can definitely get the bandages to the other characters without it looking suspicious, though.

    In this case, it isn’t really a priority that it looks like a disease. The victim already knows he’s been poisoned, so that doesn’t matter.

    I’d love to hear anyone’s thoughts or suggestions on this!

Pin It on Pinterest