fb

Activity

  • ProfessorSJB replied to the topic Introduce your STORY! in the forum Meraki Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago

    Hi! Just resurrected from the dead finished my first draft of my very first novel… In case you guys were wondering, I was off in a very intensive string boot camp. I’m alive, thank you.

    @ lightening-spider, your premise for Thor sounds super cool! I love all things mythological, so you have to definitely let me know when you finish it.

    @skye, I like your idea for Sing Like a Storm…I’ve been trying to write fantasy but hadn’t gotten around to it yet. What kind of storyline do you have for it?

    @ jessi-rae, I understand how it can be challenging when you’re writing a series, right? If you do get to finish them (and I greatly hope you will), I promise I shall play you a piece on one of the instruments I play. I used to have a series which I mashed into a lengthy novel. Internal monologue: There are enough trilogies out there. XD

    @jane-maree

    Is your story dystopian? Or is it another genre? I was thinking I should challenge myself to write a character with ‘disability’, so.

    @caleb-e-king

    Wow, 80K word count! I don’t think I’ve reached anything that long yet. I think I suffer from something called inclination to write short stories.

    @scarletimmortalized, I also love Robin Hood! And yes, I find retellings challenging but fun. I did a retelling on the Queen Bee and turned it into a story about three brothers, two of whom were international criminals but they all end up time-travelling (or something like that) into the storyline of Queen Bee.

    @mairin-atha, I love your idea of Starsingers! I find it really cool when people come up with allegories and links to the Bible.

    (In case you’re wondering why I am postponing the premise for my novel, I actually have no idea.)

     

    Okay, so I’ll do my best to ignore the hundred useless papers and documents that happen to be shoved inside my brain and will try my best to explain the novel (?) I just finished.

    Title: Blank (since I still have no idea)

    Word count: Something like 50k for now

    Definition: Lisa–a genius who wastes her time getting kicked out of schools

    CSO–the spy organization which claims to protect “rights of knowledge” that abducts  recruits Lisa (and is probably run by a bunch of religious freaks, in her opinion)

    Rika-Keisha–the mysterious science organization led by someone Lisa may or may not know that she wants to work for

    Newmind–the program that ultimately destroys everything

    So, that’s what the word vomit of my novel looks like. I personally take no responsibility towards what Lisa does in the story since she first intruded my dream and never left since four years ago.

Pin It on Pinterest