-
Beth Darlene joined the group Writers of Children’s/Middle-Grade Books 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Kendra replied to the topic Old West in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
That’s a cool username. 😉
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Old West in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
My username is RedGauntlet
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Old West in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
Okay awesome!
-
emily-maynard posted an update in the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
Hey everyone! I’m working on a story set in Miami FL in the early 60s and am trying to find out about how the foster care system worked back then but the Internet isn’t being helpful. If anyone knows about it I’d really appreciate your help! Specifically how long it took house parents to get approved 🙂
-
Kendra replied to the topic Old West in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
Yes! I’d love to be your buddy! My writing is going really well, I’ve written 25k so far and my goal is 30k at the moment. 🙂
-
Kendra replied to the topic Old West in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
@the-inkspiller Okay, wow, let me just say that your information is incredibly helpful and insightful. Thank you so much! I know, it’s kind of disappointing that I can’t include the Earps or Doc Holliday in the story… they’re such fascinating people! But then, I don’t know what I’d do with them anyway. 😛
I’ve gotten quite a bit of writing…[Read more]
-
The Inkspiller replied to the topic Old West in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
Full disclosure, I just joined the group so that I could respond and lend my help, even though I haven’t particularly wrote much in the Old West setting (though I often look to it for inspiration, particularly when I’m in a more sci-fi mood), but I do have an amateurish breadth of historical knowledge in the area. The idea of…[Read more]
-
The Inkspiller joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Old West in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
Hey! How’s your writing going?
I’m doing NaNoWriMo Camp too. Would you want to be my buddy? 🙂
-
emily-maynard joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
-
Eitan joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
-
NicoleG joined the group Writers of Children’s/Middle-Grade Books 6 years, 5 months ago
-
Anna Friend joined the group Writers of Children’s/Middle-Grade Books 6 years, 5 months ago
-
Emma_Cat_Caton posted an update in the group Writers of Children’s/Middle-Grade Books 6 years, 6 months ago
I’m not sure if I want my WIP to be middle grade or YA… I think it could do well as a YA, but I’ve never reallly liked young adult novels. With the exception of a few YA books I’ve come across, I’ve always thought of them as the same reading level of MG, but without any restrictions on mature topics. Do any of you read a lot of YA? What do you think?
-
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Old West in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 6 months ago
Cool!! I love all dragon legends, but particularly that one!
Yeah they were rough places alright. Oof!!
You’re welcome. I’m always glad to help if I can. If you got any more questions feel free to bounce them off me.
-
Kendra Lynne replied to the topic Old West in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 6 months ago
Hey! Thank you so much! Yes, while I was visiting the Creation Museum with my family last year, I read this article in the section of the place with lots of different stories with dragon-like creatures (dinosaurs), and the story really struck me and ever since I haven’t been able to forget it. It just needs a story.…[Read more]
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Old West in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 6 months ago
No one else has responded to you??!! Well!
Hi! This sounds like a REALLY great idea! I LOVE stories about the thunderbird! *shivers in delight*
I think it would be good to learn as much as you can about the culture and the towns in the old west. I’m also writing an old west story, though it’s set a little further back in time. I…[Read more]
-
Kendra Lynne started the topic Old West in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 6 months ago
Hey, guys!
I’m plotting a new story for Camp Nano this April, and it’s a fantasy/historical fiction set in the old west (Tombstone, Arizona, circa 1889 and 1890, to be exact), and I’m a bit overwhelmed by all the things I’ll need to research to make the setting, characters, weapons, and food as accurate as possible. I now know that the .45…[Read more]
- Load More












