-
E. Grace replied to the topic NaNoWriMo 2019: The Crazy Writers Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years, 11 months ago
@r-m-archer That’s cool! Since my novel is fantasy (albeit with a few sci-fi elements thrown in) I’ve usually been resorting to epic fantasy music.Β It usually does the trick in getting me in the right mood. π
@naiya-dyani (Love your profile name, btw!) I don’t think I’ve ever really listened to J-pop much before, but a couple of my friends are really into it. Mostly I’ve been listening to instrumental music, like I was telling R M Archer, epic fantasy music is usually my go-to, like Brunuhville or Adrian von Ziegler. Besides that probably Animenz… one of my favorite pianists ever… Piano Guys, 2Cellos, SimplyThree, and more recently, Clamavi de Profundis (they have amazing voices…), etc. Pretty much anything that I feel creates a pleasant and/or inspiring atmosphere. π
@edmund-lloyd-fletcher πΒ I do that a lot as well, when it’s a song I really like. π
@eden-anderson It’s going good!… So far.Β I’ve been doing overkill on NaNo these first few days because I know I’m not going to have as much time this week to write. I’ve got a test tomorrow, and also on Thursday, and then my sister and I are going to get our passports which I’ve beenΒ told is a timely process so… throw that in there with school and classes and orchestra and all my other commitments and it equals: not a lot of time to write. π Right now I’m at about 11,000 and I want to bring it up to 13,000 by tonight.
I’m glad your writing’s been going well!
Ooh, I love Adam Young! I’ve not listened much to his scores, but I’ve been listening to Owl City a lot while I’ve been writing. Movie soundtracks are always a good go-to as well!












