NaNoWriMo 2019: The Crazy Writers Corner

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions NaNoWriMo 2019: The Crazy Writers Corner

This topic contains 803 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Naiya Dyani 46 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 804 total)
  • Author

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

Hello, fellow NaNoWriMers. 

Welcome to the Official Place For SE NaNoWriMo Peeps to Gather. 🙃

Here shall we come to host word sprints/wars, discuss our WIPs, encourage each other and otherwise just have a BLAST!! 🥳🎉🎊🤩

If you are doing NaNoWriMo come right in, introduce your WIP, and join the fun! If you aren’t doing NaNoWriMo…well you can come hang out too but make sure you bring pizza or something as recompense for your intrusion. 😜 (jk! jk!)

Evelyn suggested that every evening, we could post our word counts and favorite sentence written. I thought that it was a splendid idea and so if you guys would like to do it, I think it’d be a lot fun!! (thanks for the idea, Evelyn!)

(And if anybody has any ideas on how to make this thread even more fun, please do share!)

LET THE PART Y BEGIN!!!!!

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Also, guysguysguys. Today makes exactly a week until November starts.

Please tell me I’m not the only one panicking.

AGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

@evelyn @jenwriter17 @r-m-archer @jane-maree @snapper @catwing @seekjustice @nuetrobolt @ncstokes @corine @millennium @emberynus-the-dragonslayer @edmund-lloyd-fletcher @anybody-else-doing-NaNoWriMo

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Eden Anderson.

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Selah
    @selah-chelyah

@eden-anderson

I’m panicking just listening to all you guys talking about doing NaNoWriMo. XD I am not, but I’ll still stalk you guys…and bring plenty of pizza and hot chocolate. 🙂

And if I happen to write at some point, I’ll join ya’ll in posting word count and last sentences, just ’cause it’d be fun. Unless someone kicks me out. 😛

Seriously, great job and I hope you get lots of writing done!

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Jessi Rae
    @jessi-rae

@eden-anderson You’re not the only one panicking! XD I had a Christmas-y mashup/retelling thing to mash three different concepts (which I don’t want to share quite yet), but it may have turned vaguely into about 16 retellings (give or take) in one story… *facepalm* I’m insane. XD

"How did I escape? With difficulty. How did I plan this moment? With pleasure."

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

Howdy!

Evelyn suggested that every evening, we could post our word counts and favorite sentence written. I thought that it was a splendid idea and so if you guys would like to do it, I think it’d be a lot fun!! (thanks for the idea, Evelyn!)

This sounds great! And to build on that, maybe any of us last-minute planners can do a similar thing for the last few days of October in relation to our outlining/other plotting?

If anyone’s interested, here’s an intro to my NaNo novel with some bonus info like what I’m most excited about and that kind of thing (it’s a tag-ish thing), but here’s the basic elevator pitch:

Dragon ink allows writers to set history in stone–or to change it. Only the most skilled and trustworthy are allowed into the ranks of the calligraphers, and no one is ever to change the past or the future. But when the Hairen calligraphy guild is set upon by ancient dragons demanding a time-changer be destroyed, Duyên Lai is left to wonder which of her guildmates has broken their oath and altered time.

It has cool relationship dynamics and an awesome setting and I’m super excited to dive into it! ^-^

I’m panicking just listening to all you guys talking about doing NaNoWriMo. XD I am not, but I’ll still stalk you guys…and bring plenty of pizza and hot chocolate.

The sustenance is appreciated. And the stalking too, I guess…

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@eden-anderson Hey this is great! Thanks for tagging me!

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@r-m-archer WOW, your project sounds so cool! If you need a beta reader for it at some point, I’m here! 😀

Am I the only one who does the YWP? *hides face in shame* I just don’t have the time yet to write 50,000 words in a month. . .

Anyway, even though I’m not a 50,000-word WriMo, I’m still participating and love the word-count and favorite sentence idea! I’ll be sure to bring extreme chocolate moose tracks when November cometh! 🙂

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

R.M. Archer
      @r-m-archer

@naiya-dyani Thank you! ^-^

Hey, there’s no reason to be embarrassed to not be able to hit the full word count. You’re still challenging yourself, and you’re aware of your limitations, so I’d say you’re doing a great job! 🙂

Warden
      @nuetrobolt

I am really nervous for Nano, especially since I’ve never done it before. I’m hoping to have time to do school as well, though my school schedule will be lightened.

I'm Throne Warden of Emberia or Nuetrobolt. I write with my tiny dragon, Vip.

E. Millennium
      @millennium

This is my first first NaNO and I’m nervous…I’m aiming for 20k.

https://theinkstaineddesk.com

E. Grace
      @emgc

I’m doing NaNo this year and hoping that it will go better than last year.  I mean I technically completed it last year, but my novel ended up being a mess and I’ve barely touched it since… *shivers*

It would be great to be able to word war with y’all. 🙂

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

@selah-chelyah Thank you for your contributions. *places pizza and hot chocolate in steadily growing stock pile* They are appreciated! 😊Stalking is allowed, I suppose. 😉

And feel free to post your word counts and last sentences. THE MORE THE MERRIER!!

@jessi-rae

You’re not the only one panicking! XD I had a Christmas-y mashup/retelling thing to mash three different concepts (which I don’t want to share quite yet), but it may have turned vaguely into about 16 retellings (give or take) in one story… *facepalm* I’m insane. XD

Oh. Wow. That sounds intense. 😲 Suddenly all the things I’m stressing about in my story suddenly seem very small. 😂 Go you for doing NaNoWriMo despite the craziness!

@r-m-archer HEY!! I was hoping you’d show up. 😊

And to build on that, maybe any of us last-minute planners can do a similar thing for the last few days of October in relation to our outlining/other plotting?

Excellent idea! Let’s do it!

It has cool relationship dynamics and an awesome setting and I’m super excited to dive into it! ^-^

I’m super excited about this one! And it’s not even my story. 🙃

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Of course!

@naiya-dyani

Anyway, even though I’m not a 50,000-word WriMo, I’m still participating and love the word-count and favorite sentence idea! I’ll be sure to bring extreme chocolate moose tracks when November cometh!

Whatever your goal is, you are more than welcome! And the extreme chocolate moose tracks is greatly appreciated! 😄

@nuetrobolt @millennium Hey, guys, I’m a first timer too! And I’m also freaking out…so you’re not alone. 🙃 FIRST TIMERS UNITE!!

@emgc YAY!! I’m glad you stopped in! 😄

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Jessi Rae
      @jessi-rae

@naiya-dyani I’m on the YWP too. 🙂

@eden-anderson Lol it is intense. XD But thanks! Hopefully I can finish a rough draft without the entire thing being a complete mess. 😂

"How did I escape? With difficulty. How did I plan this moment? With pleasure."

Livi Ryddle
      @anne_the_noob14

@eden-anderson

Ah-HA!! I was just about to make a thread for this.

*passes pumpkin spice cookies around* *sees there aren’t any drinks yet* *runs off and brings back a big pitcher of raspberry hibiscus lemonade*

Ok! My WIP! Here’s my summary:

The year is 1881. 21-year-old Lucas McAsgain teaches botany to a classroom-full of teens in Scotland. When he gets a letter from his brother that their father died of a heart attack, he rushes to the US to be with his family. As Mr. McAsgain’s will is read over, Lucas begin to suspect his father was murdered, and that Lucas’ brother will be next. Can Lucas convince his siblings of this and bring the murderer to justice, or will the McAsgain family fall to pieces and be scattered to the wind?

It’s a pretty badly written summary, but I’m still working on my plot/outline and all, so it may change later 😀 But that’s the basic idea.

Gotta run! Having a family birthday party at our house today and I’m still in my pajamas XD

AND GUYS!!!! PLEASE please pleaseplease PLEASE poke me and spam my notifications!! I need the motivation!! XD

"..and when you get the chance.. to sit it out or dance.. I hope you dance.."

Edmund Lloyd Fletcher
      @edmund-lloyd-fletcher

Wow! Sounds like some really great ideas!
      Also, to all newcomers: Welcome to the madness. (Evil grin.)

This is my third year participating and I’m having trouble deciding on what to work on.  Here are my ideas:
      1) Giant rock beasts with villagers living on their back. Goal of the beasts is to fight one another in a Highlander-esque “In the end, there can be only one” scenario.  This would be a trilogy, progressively insane in scale of the beasts and the stakes for the people involved.
      2) A fantasy war story between two fairytale realms — that is told as an actual war story.  What I mean by that is less “battle of the 5 armies” and more “saving private ryan”.  Like an in-the-trenches viewpoint.
      3) I have an entire file cabinet full of sci-fi stuff from way back in highschool when I was into that.  Someday I need to sort that out, clean it up (it was written in my BC days), and do something with it.  Not looking forward to this mess, but it needs to be done.

Opinions appreciated!

Homeschooling father of 10, writing Christian action/adventure novels from my home high in the Rockies.

R.M. Archer
      @r-m-archer

Excellent idea! Let’s do it!

Each evening we can share how many scenes/chapters we outlined, and a scene we’re most excited to write?

I’m super excited about this one! And it’s not even my story.

Thank you! 🙂

*sees there aren’t any drinks yet* *runs off and brings back a big pitcher of raspberry hibiscus lemonade*

*is made aware of beverage shortage* *brings sweet tea and cherry juice* That, with the lemonade and hot cocoa, ought to keep us hydrated for… half the month? ;D

This is my third year participating and I’m having trouble deciding on what to work on. Here are my ideas:

1) Giant rock beasts with villagers living on their back. Goal of the beasts is to fight one another in a Highlander-esque “In the end, there can be only one” scenario. This would be a trilogy, progressively insane in scale of the beasts and the stakes for the people involved.

2) A fantasy war story between two fairytale realms — that is told as an actual war story. What I mean by that is less “battle of the 5 armies” and more “saving private ryan”. Like an in-the-trenches viewpoint.

3) I have an entire file cabinet full of sci-fi stuff from way back in highschool when I was into that. Someday I need to sort that out, clean it up (it was written in my BC days), and do something with it. Not looking forward to this mess, but it needs to be done.

#2 sounds really interesting!

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  R.M. Archer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 804 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest