-
PenSword replied to the topic Hi π in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
Those sound neat! What’s the premise of them?
-
Veraza Winterknight replied to the topic The Secret Plan in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
XD No planet, my dear friend. Indeed, the Realm of Dreams is what I call home. π But yeah, I don’t like dark chocolate. Milk chocolate is iffy. White chocolate is perfection, tho.
Thanks! Coming up with names is one of my favorite things to do. Hm… a bit of both, I think. Kari, Talia, and OH Veronica too(another fave, but she’s…[Read more]
-
Katthewriter replied to the topic The Secret Plan in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
YOU don’t like chocolate??? What planet are you from? ? π π
Ohhh. Lots of cool names. Are they all your favorite cuz they’re good characters,Β or you line they’re personality,Β or what?Β XP
Thanks!Β It took me so long to figure out his name. For the longest time he was just ‘the-dude-with-revenge-issues’
XD
-
Veraza Winterknight replied to the topic The Secret Plan in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
Aww. Poor thing. I don’t like chocolate, personally, but if someone who does hasn’t had it in that long…
Ohhhh. XD Well. There’s a lot. Kari, Eina, Zane, Talia, Sage, Blade… *ignores fact that Kari’s and Sage’s stories are no longer in progress* I could go on. XD
Ooh. Roger is a very good name. My friend has a character named…[Read more]
-
Katthewriter replied to the topic The Secret Plan in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
He probably hasnt had chocolate in line 10 years,Β so,Β sure xD
No, i meant of your characters xD. And that other guy is Roger.
-
Veraza Winterknight replied to the topic The Secret Plan in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
@katthewriter Aww. Poor Tod. *sends him extra chocolate instead*
XD Of yours? Hm… probably Yuri and the man in that other chapter you posted. (Sorry, I can’t remember his name.)
-
Katthewriter replied to the topic The Secret Plan in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
Ha. Tod would be terrified if you tried to give him a hug >:) *evil laugh*
How about you?Β What are your favorite characters? *coughs and sends characters out* (*whispers* they all think i like them equally xD)
-
Veraza Winterknight replied to the topic The Secret Plan in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
@katthewriter Oof. *sends them hugs and chocolate*
-
Katthewriter replied to the topic The Secret Plan (Chap 1) in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
Thanks!Β I have two other chapters ever they both meet Natalie. Though i probably will put those on the general writing one,Β so it doesn’t look like I’m the only one who posts my writing on this group.Β XD Ik Taylor has, but i don’t want to put too much.
-
Katthewriter replied to the topic The Secret Plan in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
You won’t like me when you know what I’ve done to them π π
They will be i hope, after you get to know some.
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic The Secret Plan in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
These are all really cool.
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic The Secret Plan (Chap 1) in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
These are really cool!
-
Katthewriter replied to the topic Hi π in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
Hello!Β Nice to meet you!Β My main contemporaries are my what i call Joe book series. Lots of different MC’s. Then I’m doing some Yuri snippets for Yuri, and Unknown.
My other ones are slight fantasy or Sci-fi
But i gave like 5 other contemporary that are just in my head xD
AH! you have the wolf
-
caffeinated_hipster0218 posted an update in the group Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
What are your thoughts on the use of flashbacks to provide important information? Should they be avoided at all costs? Or can they be applied practically?
-
I used them heavily in my story, but I structured the story so it was expected. Each chapter began with a flashback of some sort that related in some way to what would happen in the upcoming chapter. None of the people who read the first draft for me had any complaints about it, and I have seen published novels use a similar structure. If it’s…[Read more]
-
-
A.N. Parker replied to the topic Guess I’ll break the ice β¦ in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
Ooh, nice! I really loved Jack Reacher. π
-
A.N. Parker replied to the topic Any Fellow “Sherlock Holmes” Fans Out There? *raises hand* in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
YESSS!!! Finally someone else who likes them. LOL! 😂
-
Sarah Inkdragon replied to the topic Any Fellow “Sherlock Holmes” Fans Out There? *raises hand* in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
A good mystery is a good mystery, so where there’s one to be found I’m always there. π
I’ll admit, I haven’t read many of the books… I got sort of sidetracked with Sanderson. I like all the the Robert Downey Jr. movies however(though, slight content warning on those – nothing too crude if I remember correctly but some language), and I love the…[Read more]
-
A.N. Parker replied to the topic Any Fellow “Sherlock Holmes” Fans Out There? *raises hand* in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
@pensword Oh, awesome! Yeah, I’ve heard good things about the Basil Rathbone Holmes movies. π I should check them out sometime!
-
PenSword replied to the topic Hi π in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
Hello. I’m late to the party, as always.
I have one contemporary story that I’m playing around with. It’s a road trip story, which I have no idea how to write and that’s making it hard. I think I also backed myself into a corner with my last couple of chapters that I can’t get out of without deleting them, and the character they introduced. Which…[Read more]
-
PenSword replied to the topic Guess I’ll break the ice β¦ in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
Two is hard. I always say that my mystery WIP is most likeΒ The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (NOT an endorsement), but a combination, hm. Probably the above with a dash of Jack Reacher.
- Load More












