fb

Activity

  • April J. Rhys started the topic Greetings! *bows* in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years, 6 months ago

    Greetings, ya’ll on Story Embers!

    My name is April, and I’m Christianna’s friend @christianna-hellwig! She referred me to you all months ago and it’s taken me nearly half a year to finally get on. But I am very, very glad to be here.

    When I was in high school, I took the One Year Adventure Novel curriculum–forum, workshops and all. I’ve been off the OYAN community for awhile just because life got so busy, but I’ve sorely missed the writing community. It was so encouraging to see an active and fruitful community of passionate Christian writers again.

    A little bit about myself. For any OYANers who might be here from the “oldies” days, I was Bandrui the Windsage on the forum. I’ve grown up in a Christian home, asked Jesus into my heart as a child, rededicated my life to Christ as a teen, and rediscovered the freedom and love of God as a young adult. I am so far from knowing God intimately, but I’ve stopped striving to do it all on my own, and that’s a start. I’m looking forward to living the rest of whatever adventures lie ahead, and unless God shows otherwise, I’m guessing those adventures will include a lot of writing, a lot of art, and hopefully a lot of worthwhile battles.

    I’m a very stereotypical INFP, but who acts more like a J sometimes. My three favorite colors are red, green and blue (red for blood, bravery, honor, freedom and adventure; green for nature and life; blue for loyalty and eternity). I’m a furry, I help my brother run his Christian LARP group, I write Sonic the hedgehog fan fiction/retellings/revampings, I’m kinda a comic and animation nerd, I LOVE all speculative fiction genres, but fantasy is probably my favorite because it has the most trees in it. I really want to live in a tree for at least a whole week of my life someday.

    Okay, one more thing, then that’s enough. XD I love critiquing and reading other people’s stories. Honestly, I read way more unpublished stories than published nowadays. I look forward to hopefully reading ya’lls work and hopefully giving some moderately helpful feedback.

    Hopefully I’ll get to know most of you just by reading comments and joining a guild. But for now, tell me a bit about yourself. How did you find Story Embers? Why do you love to write? What are you writing right now? What are your favorite colors and why?

    ~April

Pin It on Pinterest