fb

Activity

  • Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Do Teen Guys Cry? (help me out please) in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 9 months ago

    Whew! This little thread certainly ran away from me!

    @the-inkspiller – I have a general interest in RPG’s, as in, they sound like a cool idea, but I’ve seen way to many bad ones, and ones that involve things that are blatantly evil to really want to get more into them. Even the good ones. A good one I’d like to see and might play one day… something like a World War II one where you each take on the positions in a special group of army spies or something? Something I’ve always wanted to try is a Lord of the Rings game with people who’ve never read the books or seen the movies so they can make choices about the story as the characters and you could see if the Ring would actually be destroyed based on what they decided to do.

    My favorite board games to play right now are Ticket to Ride and Catan, if you’ve ever heard of either of those, but most of the time I’d rather play an active game like Four-Square or Volleyball.

    @erica-wordsmith – *struggles to clarify* I used to go out in the woods at night, a lot. But because of a movie I watched once, it pretty much freaks me out now. That movie was the only movie that’s ever truly scared me in my life. My brothers and mom like it, and there’s nothing really gory or even physically creepy despite the fact that there are these ‘monsters’, but it gave me a full-blown panic attack and now I cannot go outside at night without someone being there.

    YAY!!!! Congratulations on your night of non-clumsy-ness, nope that kinda sounded wrong. Congratulations anyways.

    That photo edit you did is… just great. *grins for days* I love you guys

    @wordsmith – Um… I really want to watch whatever you gave me the link for, but it’s not working? Do you know why? I’m pretty dumb when it comes to tech problems, so…

    I think I’ve picked up a little of what it was about. I’m sorry @eden-anderson, that you don’t have more good guy friends in your life. Not only do I think that they are important in cultivating healthy non-romantic relationships with the sexes, and not only are guys just fun to talk to, but like you’ve said, you don’t have many strong protector figures in your life.

    I have been really blessed in my church… we have a lot of young people my age, give or take five years that I love being with, and about half of those are guys. There’s at least a dozen I could name who would immediately jump to protect any one of us girls at church if we were in any dangerous situation. I’m so thankful that the families at our church have brought their sons up right to respect all young women and to act as a protector for females even when you’re not family or romantically involved. Those guys, and the people here on Se, (especially you, @wordsmith) complete my circle of amazing guy friends that I am so thankful for. One of my friends even joked I had my own body guards. 😊 But it is so nice just to have those strong guys there, just in case.

    For example, I went to Chicago with a group of friends, and when I was just talking to one young man walking down the street, we were passing some rather… grungy looking alleyways and streets and he automatically moved around me to be between me and those places. Another thing is that when we go ice skating as a church group, there is one young man who always, always comes over and helps you up if you fall down. He always makes sure people are okay after falling even if he’s all the way across the rink. I found out that the last time I went skating and his family wasn’t there, I missed him on the ice. He was a presence of assurance that I would have help if I fell.

    It’s just the little things like these gestures that I appreciate so much, and that help to combat the dirty feeling I get when random strangers hit on me. It makes me feel special. And sometimes it’s really needed, like when I almost did a flip on the ice, accidentally of course, and crashed my face into the ground and got a black eye and couldn’t get up without help.

    @kari-karast – Surprised at a deranged ninja? No. You should see the picture of me playing the organ in a sweeping black cloak with a lovely sneer. Laughing myself off the chair… yes. 😊

    @eden-anderson – Ugh, auto correct! I’ve already cursed it forever. Thanks to it I’ve had the small-pox and been on multiple dates. Whenever I text it always makes ‘eating’ into ‘dating’, so I’ve asked my friends if they know where we’ll be ‘dating’ and told them I couldn’t talk because I was ‘dating’. 😊

    I’m sorry, but I can’t try dancing outside at night right now. Maybe if I had someone with me, but right now… no. The emotional-trauma-scariness from the movie is not far enough away right now. It’s hard to explain what is actually scaring me about being outside at night without going into a large description of the movie and the night I watched it, so I’ll just say that I can’t do it right now.

    Plus, having someone with me while I dance is also… probably not. Dancing for me is something really special. Most of the time when I do it, I am also praying or praising God for things He’s done, and it’s become something special that I’m hesitant to share with other people. Maybe with someone else who dances like that, but… I don’t know.

Pin It on Pinterest