fb

Activity

  • Andrew started the topic The Crystalized Blood of a Monster. in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 8 years, 1 month ago

     

    So… today I am talking about creatures and monsters of all kinds. Sometimes I just post topics for fun – and this is one of those times. *grins* I am very interested in any facts about your make-belief animals. So if you don’t mind speaking about them and making them known, you can talk about them right here if you wish.

    But anyway, I just came up with this creature. I don’t know what story I’m going to put it in right now, but here’s the description:

    There was once a  monster. A great octopus of the Starlight Sea, red with glowing color-changing eyes that had no pupils but all the same could see. At the sound of its harsh roar, its victims trembled in its presence. The sharks dared no further, the fish slunk back beneath the reef in fear, and the great blue whales froze as if paralyzed at the sight of the kingly octopus… the only octopus of its kind every one hundred years.

    The Crystalblood Octopus, some called it.

    Only those brave enough traveled in its midst, to rediscover even the odd meaning of its name once again. But almost all those who did never came back.

    Almost.

    There was one. A great hunter of the Scarlet Caves, known as Drelindo-Mocklable, who discovered the old Crystalblood Octopus in its deathly years… where it was about to pass away. For a younger octopus was to come.

    In its last moments, the octopus bled to death.

    Blood so red. Blood so glimmering. For a moment it poured out as liquid as ever, then the next moment, the blood crystalized into scarlet gems struggling from the octopus’s massive form across the seashore.

    With that, Drelindo-Mocklable had rediscovered the meaning of the octopus’s name that Time had taken away.

    @jenwriter17 @evelyn @nuetrobolt @the-fledgling-artist @wordsmith

     

Pin It on Pinterest