fb

Activity

  • Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Cranky Old Man Syndrome in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago

    @the-inkspiller I think work is definitely important, but what I always have to ask myself is if I’m being busy for the sake of being busy or if my work is being fruitful. Then I have to ask what the fruits of my work are. Is what I’m working on actually necessary? Is it something God actually wants me to do? More often than not, I find that I’m being busy on not very important things and using that as an excuse to avoid my writing, which I feel He has called me to do.

    But then there’s the struggle of actually slowing down and resting every once in a while, which I personally find harder than the actual working 😛 Scheduled rest is necessary then, be it for ten minutes or an entire day every week. I think the key is asking what you’re getting out of the things you’re doing — success, obedience to God’s will, or something else?

Pin It on Pinterest