-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Hi there! in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years ago
@hope-mcclellan Mmm; I do that a fair bit in my book (set in airborne islands populated by winged people), but I’m guessing you’re referring to published works here. 😉 I tend to really like Brandon Sanderson’s approach to worldbuilding, and he focuses on realistic details probably the most in his Stormlight Archive series (though I wouldn’t recommend that series first due to its length). Some other (more normal-sized) works that I’ve seen do this well would be Silhouette by Dave Swavely (though this is sci-fi), and The Curse of Chalion (though it’s rather sparse on unique fantasy elements for a fantasy novel).
If you’re looking for more C.S. Lewis novels, Till We Have Faces is one of my favorite works of fiction by him, and I’d definitely recommend it if you get the chance!












