fb

Activity

  • Hope McClellan replied to the topic Spontaneous Word Wars (for slow writers) in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years, 7 months ago

    @anne_the_noob14

    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSP.

    you did NOT just say that the movie is better

    Somebody hold me back! Oh my word I am so passionate about this!

    Disclaimer: The following rant is aimed at the movie, not you, Livi. Don’t take any of this personally.

    The book is a BAZILLION times better. I could barely watch the movie because I was so disappointed and angry about how much they cut out. There is so many powerful moments that the movie undermined, plus the fact that you completely miss Buttercup’s parents!! Plus the hilarious narrators!!! Aaaaaahhh! My opinion has always been that they murdured the book, handed humanity the corpse, and called it the movie. Seriously, this is how passionate I am about this. The book is AMAZING. It will forever and always be on my list of favorite books I’ve ever read.

    If nothing else, PLEASE read it because you’ll get so much bonus material about characters and a storyline you already love.

    *inhales* I think I’m good now.

Pin It on Pinterest