-
Eitan started the topic Worldbuilding for its own sake? in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 6 years, 3 months ago
Before I came to Christ, and in my first months as a Christian, I was a huge fun of worldbuilding. I spent hours creating cultures, maps, climates, languages and so on, not for a certain story, but just for the sake of creating a fantasy world. Later, I slowly stopped, since I felt I spend too much time on it, and moreover, I thought it doesn’t glorifying God.
As I grew more, some of my old perceptions have changed – for example, I can glorify God by simply drawing animals (and praising him for his amazing creation). So, I started wondering, maybe worldbuilding for its own sake isn’t necessarily bad and ungodly. Is my urge to invent whole new worlds is sinful and fleshly? Or maybe it’s a talent God gave me to glorify him? And if so, how can I use it to glorify him and to deliver godly values and messages?…
I don’t trust myself and my knowledge of God enough in this subject, so I would be very thankful to anyone who’ll help me with some wise advice! 🙂












