-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Character Deaths…advice? in the forum Characters 6 years, 10 months ago
@h-jones@seekjustice @kari-karast @edmund-lloyd-fletcher
A Tale of Two Cities (I’m 95% certain you said you read that) and I think what makes Sydney’s death so moving is the fact that he didn’t have to die. In fact, his whole life could have been the way he wanted it to be if Charles died, he could have smartened up a bit, married Lucie and been happy. But he chose to die in Charles’ place because of the love that he had for Lucie.YES. AGREED.
In the third Trials of Apollo book by Rick Riordan, a character dies. A main character. It was tragic, but well executed. Yes, it was a sacrificial death. The guy died to save his friend. Who was formerly his girlfriend, and even though they broke up, he still loved her enough to die saving her. It was also foreshadowed a bit, but it still hit you as a surprise. AND I’m going to stop now, before I start crying. Anyway, I hope this helps!YOU READ IT, TOO!!! 😀 😀 😀 AND YES I CRIED SO MUCH AAAAAAA Have you read Tyrant’s Tomb yet? There’s a death in that one that… *sniffs* I’m sorry… *sobs* I gotta go find some tissues… *hiccups* IT WAS AWFUL AAAAAA
Fili and Kili’s deaths in the Hobbit (book, not the movie). It was just so sudden and unexpected and you’re kind of just like, “WHAT JUST HAPPENED!???”YES. AGAIN, AGREED.
2) Any important character’s death should be shocking/horrifying enough to make the reader go bug-eyed. Like, “No… WAY that just happened!!!”
Gandaf, “Fly, you fools!” 😉
*nods* Yes. Yes, yes, YES.












