fb

Activity

  • *chuckles*

    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

    Yeah, you could say I do relate to this topic. I play the piano and the guitar. And I write poetry. And occasionally I write lyrics. Very occasionally. Though I just came up with a very nice melodical piece of music comprised of the piano and bursts of falling rain. Of course, I also write prose, and that being of now attributes: fantasy. When writing fantasy I prefer to listen to soundtracks, instrumental (classic or otherwise), or electrical thrumish things like TRON. I can listen to songs with lyrics in them, but it just has to melt into the backround or into my head in a way that promotes what I’m writing. The words would have to have meaning in relation unto the texts that I’m writing at the time. Savvy? I usually don’t write poetry and listen to music at the same time, but when I do, I prefer to listen to the Hobbit and LOTR soundtracks. Those are really good.

    This is kinda off-topic, but there was this one poem I wrote for a fantasy short story for a prototypical setting of myself within this fantastical world to see if it would mix well. Anyway, I had my cooler on and it was blowing cold air at my back and all other sound was muted out in such a way that it was like I had immersed my self into a different little world. (This was late at night.) So. This poem was about this character riding through a night on horseback and battling the wind and this little piece really fit in because it was wrote on a whim with actual setting helping it along. You know what I mean?

    Gosh! That’s a big emoji! :O XD

Pin It on Pinterest