fb

Activity

  • W.O.Holmes replied to the topic Hello! *shy wave* in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years, 1 month ago

    @tashah-claymore thanks! I love fantasy names too, though I prefer the ones that are more expanding-like sounding. Like your’s. You know what I mean by expanding-like sounding? Like Tolkien’s Mordor. It sounds like what it is. That’s a key thing in one of my elvish languages called Enorren (ay-NOR-ren). I call it, the onomatopoeiaic language, because for each thing/object, I try to come up with a word that kind of summarizes it in a completed sense so that when I read it or think about it, I get the general feeling of what it is. You know what I mean?

    I understand what you mean by first manuscripts. You should have seen mine. It was terrible. You know how I said it was on a fictional world and all that? Well guess what? The main character’s name in my first draft was James Nixon. (cringing) Terrible, huh? He had then changed from that to Gnashek to Nashek to Zimran Agamemnon to Eraseaus. Then I deleted him. That was probably two to three years ago and now that whole setting is no more and so is that character.

    Yeah, mine has undergone serious fazes and changes too. I originally had just one world, then the others developed for different things. The second flat world actually came when I (14) began to “write” a book with my younger brother (8). That didn’t work out as you can probably imagine and that world kept changing and formulating into what it has become.

    That’s nice, I love your names! …is Unai like this: you-NIE  ? I really like Morgith! Sounds great!

    Cool, I’ve German blood as well…not to mention, Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Dutch, (I think) Polish, Austrian, German, English, Welsh, Irish, Scottish, and various others. Unfortunately, I’m don’t have any French blood in me.

    Oh yes, you have Trolls that think properly? I may have something similar – civilized trolls, as I like to call them. I haven’t worked a lot with them practically at all but there have been a few things done. What with weapons and the first ideas for a language. Have you read the Eragon series? The author put in these things called werecats or something like that, interesting idea. They worked out fine for the story and were really interesting with the way they interacted with the characters. Yeah, I’m still working on histories for them all. At the moment I’ve got elves, dwarves, men, gnomes, kiriahk, graeths, trolls, and flae. Some of these might change of course.

Pin It on Pinterest