-
W.O.Holmes replied to the topic Hello! *shy wave* in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years, 1 month ago
Your welcome, @tashah-claymore. I’ll be glad to help with anything.
As with “universe” I would probably not mean multiple galaxies or even galaxies at all. I’ve got to make them different, you know? Maybe something like…whoa, I just realized that in making a fictional world it has to be 100% different from Earth and the Milky Way, right? So basically that means changing the entire reality. Maybe the world is all there is.
Or maybe I’m over-exaggerating and just need to keep my line of sight limited. I mean, when am I ever going to find the time to do all That? I think I’ll just go with what I got and cheat a little…
I haven’t written a complete draft of a novel yet, no. But I definitely hope to. I’ve attempted it at numerous occasions but they all failed. These were all before my Plan. To create the languages first, then create the world for them.
I am writing a short story situated within this world though, and if you want a tid-bit-that-is-to-be-announced-as-in-it-is-a-stand-in-title-for-now then here it is: The title of one of the worlds is Anadyre (ana-d-ie-er). The stress is on the ‘ana’ as in ANA-dyre. But that may change as the time goes by.
You have multiple different fictional worlds? That are completely unrelated to each other? Now that is something. I never really thought of doing that. It was all just this one thing.
By the way this is the general ‘construction’ of my ‘galaxy’; there are as of now four worlds, two flatish and two spherical. The first of both of these failed and the seconds were the attempts by the Eda (let’s just call them the ones using things to mold these planets together and blah, blah, blah) to improve on them where they previously failed. The first are now referred to as the Uredankh (spherical) and for now the Ice planet (the first of the flat planets). There is still much to be done here but I’m still working on that. I have a rough idea of the histories of the first two in my head and am in need of completing those things.
Yes, I’ve got to agree with you on the languages. Of the ones you stated, Swedish would be my favourite. That’s not because I’m mostly Scandinavian as well as other European blood-types, but also it was the one that interested me the most.
Indeed, the guitar. I’m definitely still working on that, but it’s coming out better than I originally thought.
Another thought would be nationalities or races in the worlds. I don’t know where you are on those but I’m still working on those. I’ve got a few other ideas that I need to hash out and decide whether to keep them or not. Because if I do, that’s another species to construct and make histories of. But, that’s what I love doing.
Here’s a little snippet on one of my languages. Right now it is one of the languages that the now-formed Gnomes had taken and somewhat modified to further their setting and ideas. It was an originally ceased language of the Dwarves that they had dropped. When the Gnomes had formed by the connecting of two races they took this from the old manuscripts of the Dwarves and as said above, modified it to their tastes. As of now, it’s called the Teltharic language. I’m working on a ‘map’, if you will, that shows how the letters are related for that will have much to do with the meaning of the words. Now, I must tell you what not to picture when I refer to “Gnome”. They are not little creatures with pointy beards and hats that people put in their gardens. They are a sort of mix of elvish and dwarvish bloods. That gets down into further stuff and mythologies and things like that that may be interesting but you’ll find that out in my book if I ever come out with it.
P.S. The poetry was an attempt of mine to represent how I began in the processes of writing a poem and my description of how I write poetry. It’s not finished yet, though.












