fb

Activity

  • W.O.Holmes replied to the topic Fresh Poems! in the forum Poetry Discussions 7 years, 1 month ago

    Well, I just read all your people’s posts on the first page and thought that was it. Obviously not. Anyway, I’m new you might say.

    Every poet has their own technique and some are alike. Some are different and some go a’flight. (Well what do you know!) This form of poetry is very interesting and while I haven’t ever written this type before I may try. Here’s something I worked on of late:
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>The Beginnings of a Thought…a Rhyme…</p>
    Flowing in and out in rhythmic time

    Just like the thread of wrinkled rhyme

    Has gained reproof from there portend

    And seen the gates of life’s first bend.

    Fairer are the walls of grass

    Than all the other weathered flasks

    Of days left that withered away

    And trodden on the grass, at bay.

    The road, it bends and fills the gap

    For all the other’s tears to stay

    And from this coming on the sprout

    Of imagination, and that no doubt.

    This is a rough draft and so it isn’t perfect, but still, it’s a beginning.

Pin It on Pinterest