fb

Activity

  • Sir Leeds replied to the topic Welcome to Rillumen! in the forum Announcements 8 years, 5 months ago

    Hi everyone!

    @brandon-miller I’d fall under a mix of #1 and #2. I’m totally excited to be here, but I don’t really know what “here” is for.

    Short intro: I write poetry and short stories probably mostly because I don’t have the patience to stick with one idea for the length of time it takes to write a novel, I can’t get enough of C. S. Lewis, T. S. Eliot, Billy Collins, or Malcolm Gladwell, I used to be a college newspaper editor, I’ve published a few of my poems, and I love hearing about what other people are working on.

    I mean it. If you have an idea or an outline or summary of a story that you’re working on and you really want to tell someone all about it but you hold back because you’re afraid of boring people, please don’t feel like you have to be like that with me. I love digging into stories of all shapes, sizes, genres, and levels of completion.

    And I think the only other person here I really know from anywhere else is @rolena-hatfield. So hi Rolena!

    Lastly, what are some goals everyone has (doesn’t have to be related to writing, but it would probably be good to include one on writing in a writer’s guild)? And what are some interesting skills you have that might help someone else achieve one of their goals.

    Like this:

    I’ve always wanted to publish a book of my own. At the moment, it looks like I’d have the best shot at a small book of poetry, but I wouldn’t limit it to having to be a poetry book. I just want a book with actual pages and covers that I can put on a bookshelf and say, “I wrote that book right there.”

    I’m also learning about meter so I can write better verse poetry.

    Skills: poetry writing, short story writing, editing, photography, journalism, research, data analysis, and data visualization

    I’m looking forward to getting to know you all better!

Pin It on Pinterest