fb

Activity

  • Sarah Inkdragon replied to the topic Cranky Old Man Syndrome in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago

    @the-inkspiller

    Yes, I do have a slight fascination with fire. My current novel’s MC actually controls fire. A bit of a cliche, but I’m trying to make it original as I can. And dragons are epic.

    As for political views…. I can’t say I really bother to keep up with the times, but I can say I’m against abortion, pro guns, etc… so I’m sort of a Republican(I’m no Liberal, I know that much!), but I’ve always hated the study of government, unless it’s something I’ll actually use someday. Not that I hate the government, people just…. irritate me. My parents are actually making me take two classes at the school this year, to “get me out of the house”. Yay. (Excuse me being rather cynical. I just don’t understand why I should enjoy being around a bunch of immature and inappropriate teens all day. (And yes, I know I’m also being rather high of myself to consider myself not immature, but I think I am slightly more mature than the general teen.))

    On another note, I am a bit idealistic, I suppose. Let’s just say I see the world as it could be, when all other people seem to do is “live in the moment”. Not that that is bad, again, it’s just not me.

    But for the longest time(and probably still) I tried to “fix” everything myself. Not that I went around campaigning for world peace(that’ll never happen[and that’s not pessimism, it’s just a fact.]), but I became obsessed with my novel, actually. I thought… maybe if I tried hard enough, I could change something. People would read it, and maybe, maybe, they’d see something out of it.

    I became insomniac because of it. I got depressed, frustrated with how little progress I was making. (I’m spilling my guts to a total stranger, but hey, at least you understand, in a way. Plus, it’s easier for me to do it over paper. I’m not the best with words.)

    After a while, I finally realized that no matter how hard I tried, I wasn’t going to be able to get anywhere myself. So I let my novel rest for a while, and picked up another long-overdue project. (Which is actually what that Google Doc is. It’s a working progress, and due to some personal issues, I’m on a short break from that as well[just till the 20th] but I’m really liking the way it’s turning out.)

    Which is where I am now.

    Depression has never really been a thing for me until high school(I suppose all the hormones and etc don’t help much), in all actuality, I was a pretty happy and bright child. But I was also very naive to the ways of the world, and though I am still not up to par on all the current events or fads of my own generation, I’m much less idealistic and… what’s the word… happy-go-lucky? I’m no uptight, complete OCD person(though I do have my moments), but I’m by no means energetic. I agree with most, I’m “comfortably lazy”. I am apathetic towards sports, outings, or anything of the like, but I work hard enough to maintain an A average. And if I don’t have an A… A’s are “normal” for me. B+ isn’t bad, but anything lower…. let’s just say I’m not a particularly confident person when it comes to evaluating my own skills.

    Thank you for taking the time to look up my Google Doc!(Lo and behold, the second exclamation point I’ve used today. The first is somewhere else in this post, I believe.) As I mentioned above, I’m on a short break until the 20th of this month, until after fair(I have a 4H sheep that needs to be shown and sold) and near the time my full-time job as a lifeguard ends. Hopefully then, I will be back to chapter every 5-7 days. I’m not particularly fast, but I try to keep my grammar, punctuation, and overall writing quality nice.

    And I totally understand you being busy with finals. Finals are…. terrible. Fire-breathing monsters that destroy hopes and dreams. But feel free to read the story as long and as much as you like, even if you can only alpha read every now and then.

    And now, I shall stop before I manage to take up any more of ST’s space. I’ve already taken up plenty ranting to you. (And I’m sorry about that, but sometimes I need to get my thoughts down on paper and you were just setting yourself up for one of my famously long posts… Anyhow, excuse the long rant. It was nice to get it out, though. 😉 )

    Au revoir, mon amie.

    ~Sarah-Inkdragon

Pin It on Pinterest