-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Cranky Old Man Syndrome in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@the-inkspiller I didn’t mean it like that, honestly. I think having a thread like this can be very good. Especially when one person brings up a topic that others think about but either aren’t sure how to go about posting. My point was only that, just because a forum is all ‘happy’ doesn’t mean the people there don’t have similar struggles. Generally, it just means they aren’t talking about them for some reason or another.
Writing such a project as you are can be hard. And you won’t be able to incorporate your faith to the same extent as if you were writing for yourself. Though I do think things you can instill Christian values into something like that, even if it is only through things as simple as cause and effect.
Also, I’m assuming this is something you’re doing for a job? Now, I don’t think someone should write bad things for money. But I do think there is room for writing and making a living even if everything isn’t the height of Christian fiction. And that’s another whole conversation in and of itself – one I was actually talking with friends about the other day and might start a topic on soon. But I don’t think there needs to be guilt over doing something to support yourself. A Christian’s life and witness should shine through their work, be it at a restaurant or at a factory or in writing, but I believe that expands to their very lifestyle, not just the words they pound out or how many people they can talk to while on the job. Not sure if that made sense or not… Hopefully it’s some help.












