fb

Activity

  • GirlSetFree replied to the topic Crazy Writers, Artists, and Dragons in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago

    You know you’re a writer when you can pull up enough courage to spy on a neighboring country’s classified information by actually talking to people in the armed forces.

    Telephone, I’m looking at ya.

    You know you’re a writer when you feel a connection with words like you’ve never felt with anything else.

    Yep; personal experience.

    You know you’re a writer when you read all day and escape the burdens of life and school “Because I need ideas and ideas and ideas…” when you should be typing that fermenting-in-your-mind novel into the computer.

    True. Er…I need a good book now. Paperback. The computer screen is hurting my eyes.

    Which reminds me…You know you’re a writer when you can write non-stop for hours on end, even when your hands, eyes, or/and head (heart, even) hurts.

    Especially excruciating when writing an entire novel by hand.  Been there, done that.

    You know you’re a writer when tears drip out of your eyes, you bury your face in the crook of your arm, and cry your heart out just because some misfourtune/death/whatever happened to the guy/gal you’re banging to life on the keyboard.

    I’ve done that. Shocked my poor family at my unexpected, irrational outburst.

Pin It on Pinterest