Crazy Writers, Artists, and Dragons

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Crazy Writers, Artists, and Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 216 total)
  • Author
    Hope Ann
    @hope-ann

Hey guys! Your sometimes Communication Coordinator, sometimes rogue ranger and dragon rider here. I need your help.

See, I have a section in the newsletter for all the crazy things writers and artists do. But I need something to actually put in that section. And I know you guys have stories. So comment here on all the random ‘you know you are a writer’ things and if I like them enough you might be featured in the SE email. 😉

The most important step a man can take is always the next one.

Lady Iliara
    @lady-iliara

@hope-ann How about lying on the bathroom floor acting out dramatic death scenes to music, only to have to explain to your mom later why your shower took more than an hour… 😛

ENFJ, Aethasian, and chocolate-Pringle-nerd-blob of epic. Greet at your own risk. *trips on a rock*

R.M. Archer
      @r-m-archer

You know you’re a writer when you’re considering writing a story about a writer who ends up using all the wacky information you’ve had to look up for various stories. Like… how to semi-permanently cripple someone, or break their jaw into a billion pieces, or poison them slowly, or how to keep safe during a sandstorm (figured it would probably be best to move away from the destructive…), or how to protect yourself from sunburn in the desert, or how to get rid of a computer virus without anti-virus software, or…

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Ingrid
      @rosiequill

@hope-ann  You know you’re a writer when you spend more time thinking about writing than actually doing it.

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Skredder
        @skredder

You know you’re an artist when you stare at people awkwardly just to see how the light hits their face.

You know you’re a writer when you can tell someone the entire plot of a movie you’ve never seen.

Rachel Rogers
          @scribbles

You know you’re a writer when you’re about to pass out from pain, fright concerning the amount of blood it looks like you’re losing, and/or lack of oxygen from forgetting to breathe and all you can think is, “Wow. I’ll be able to write this so much more realistically now.”

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

R.M. Archer
            @r-m-archer

@scribbles I should NOT have just laughed at that, but I did because I relate (on a much smaller scale). That does not sound like an enjoyable situation to be in. XP

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Elizabeth
            @elizabeth

You know you’re a writer when you struggle to get a single word down due to the massive amount of ideas in your brain.

Anyone else? Or is it just me?

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Kayla Joy
            @kayla-joy

You know you’re a writer when you join a kickboxing class because your protagonist is a kickboxer and you want to know what it feels like so you can write it well later.

@skredder
            I do that thing where I will predict parts of a movie that I have never seen. It annoys a LOT of people, because I like to tell people what I am predicting so I have bragging rights afterwards.

Red haired Disney Nerd. Proverbs 3:5-6 ENFP-T

K.M. Small
            @morreafirebird

You know you’re a writer when you consider taking on your villain’s personality for a day to see how well you really know him 😛

~ Khylie
            "Beauty will save the world." - Dostoevsky

Sam Kowal
            @sam-kowal

@lady-iliara XD XD 😂😂 “Oh, mom, it was just… umm… soap poisoning. I got over it”

@hope-ann
            On a more semi-serious note, you know you’re a writer when you sometimes try to escape into fantasy worlds to flee the pain of this world… when something’s going wrong, and suddenly you are floating above the clouds flying on dragonback, mixing potions to distill the essence of fire, and forging swords out of stardust- acting out scenes that sweep away your troubles ever so conveniently. That can be something to work past.

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
            Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
            I would have saved you one!

Rachel Rogers
            @scribbles

@r-m-archer It’s okay. XD It was actually kind of a collection of events, so…

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

Sarah Narnathron
              @sarah-narnathron

Ooooh. I’ve got a few. 😀

-. . . When you take a martial arts class to learn how to write fight scenes better, then ask the substitute martial arts teacher what to do if you’re being attacked by multiple people at once and end up spending an hour alternately acting like you’re a zombie chasing people and like the other people are zombies chasing you.

– . . . When your roommate isn’t even surprised by questions like “What would happen if you accidentally breathed in duct tape?” or start rolling around on the floor to try to figure out how your character could respond to a particular situation in a fight scene.

Welcome to the masquerade.

Sarah Inkdragon
              @sarah-inkdragon

@hope-ann

You know you’re a writer when…

• You know odd facts like how many times a Londoner is photographed a day by security cameras(500), how to make someone pass out using pressure points, and how to create poison from apples.
              • You can’t watch movies/read books any more without critiquing methods, plot twists, character developments, and pointing out plot holes.
              • You love to gossip with writing friends about what your characters have been up to.
              • You enlist friends and siblings to act out dramatic death scenes so you can write them better, only to get a bunch of people falling to their knees and screaming: “Nooooo!”
              • You spend hours obsessing over your prose/grammar, but you couldn’t say what a gerund is.
              • You have sketchbooks/notebooks dedicated to imaginary people, and guard them with your life.
              • You often act out scenes, taking on weird accents until everyone around you thinks you’re schizophrenic.

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

Anonymous

Suddenly wanting to make a dagger out of a metal pipe using your backyard fire and a sledgehammer… then succeeding in doing so.

Interrupting your dad’s hockey game whenever you hear a unique hockey players name shouting, “That would be a good character name!”

Re-reading a book that used to be your favorite ever then getting your pencil and scribbling on the pages all the plot holes.

Doing actiony things on your trampoline to see what it would be like for your character to get in a certain pose or do a certain thing (and see if it’s even possible!)

Asking your sister if you can slap her so she can tell you exactly how it felt (yes I actually asked her this.)

So there’s my list  😀 and trust me, it goes on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 216 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest