-
F.C. Tait replied to the topic {2018 – Week 17} Writing from the POV of the Opposite Gender in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 12 months ago
@jane-maree Oh, I get it now. Yes, that makes a lot of sense. I’ve made similar decisions with my stories before.
I’ve just seen a lot of things around lately where people try to argue that girls are basically incapable of fighting or doing any strenuous activity at all, so I’m quick to get defensive. It’s probably a counter to the strong female character stereotype, but it’s problematic. But yes, that clears it up.
Great lesson, by the way! I admit I was a bit apprehensive when I saw the title, because I’ve read a lot of articles on this topic that make some pretty ridiculous claims (my favourite being that girls don’t have a fight or flight response) but you covered it logically without resorting to stereotypes. Thanks 🙂












