-
Evelyn replied to the topic Fresh Poems! in the forum Poetry Discussions 7 years, 10 months ago
@k-a-grey Yay! Another poet! Welcome. 🙂
@h-jones Wow.
A very intriguing poem and full of a mixture of feelings, that I really think you’re doing a good job writing.
@i-david Hey, don’t feel out of place to share poems! Feel free to join the fray and please do share!
Okay, so lately I’ve mainly been plowing through my stack of poetry, sorting, rewriting, adding, taking away etc. I haven’t really been writing anything new, but I did have a SE friend ask me to write a poem about someone thinking about lunch but being to lazy to get up and make it and so I’ve written about a page and a half now. It’s super fun and silly. xD 😛
Anyways, here’s a clip where the person is thinking about different kinds of foods. I’m calling the poem something like “Ballad of the Hungry Poet.” Enjoy! xD
…Of pies and meats and sugar sweets,
Of juicy pears in giant heaps.
I look across the room and see,
The kitchen shining heavenly,
I can smell the food that sits in there,
Hear it’s taunting call haunt through the air.












