-
Brandon Miller replied to the topic ENDGAME in the forum Story Analysis 7 years, 3 months ago
Wow, that’s a horrible way to watch such a climactic movie. I’m sorry for your loss, @corkybookworm.
I kind of have the same thoughts about Thor. I was okay with the fat Thor thing because it seemed to me to be a human (if really poor) way of dealing with grief. But yes, it bugged me because he never pulled out of it. It also bugged me because my legit favorite scene in the entire MCU is the scene with Rocket and Thor when they’re heading off to make his new hammer and Rocket is asking Thor if he’s ready for this next battle and Thor is just broken. But he’s so broken, all he has left to hold onto is hope. And this exchange was particularly powerful, I thought:
“He’s never fought me.”
“Actually, he has.”
“Well, he’s never fought me twice.”Thor was fighting back tears and had lost everything and he had no reason for any hope, but he held onto hope because his other option was despair. Fat Thor just gave into that despair and became something of a punch-line before the movie ended… but he never seemed to swing around.
anyway, that’s my favorite ever MCU moment and I like to talk about it so there are those thoughts.
As far as Nat goes… they didn’t have to do Nat like that. It was… really sad. I liked her whole character in the story, how she emerged as the leader of the Avengers because she couldn’t let it go. How she has become this emotionless, cold spy to becoming one of the most emotionally driven, friendly people in the cast. I just… yeah I loved Nat and now she’s gone. :'( (And it’s really weird that they’re doing a Black Widow movie now? Like… you forced me to say goodbye. Don’t open that wound up again. Also, I will totally watch that if you make it but it feels very wrong.)












