fb

Activity

  • April J. Rhys replied to the topic Check In – April Week Three in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 5 months ago

    @taylorclogston Seeing a Doctor is a good idea, just to be safe. 🙂 X( Oh man, feeling like that for years…I can’t imagine. I will definitely keep you in my prayers.
    Also, thanks, I’ll do that! 🙂

    What I read:
    -I started a book called Exiles Escape…it’s a Christian sci fi sequel and it was okay…a little confusing…the story world and concepts were good but I still need to finish it.
    -I read portions on Marxism in a worldview textbook. (studying for my villain).
    -I’ve been trying to read this awesome nonfiction book called Born Fighting for the last year. It’s about the Scots-Irish. :] But I’m just really bad at reading nonfiction, even when it’s well written.
    -I’ve been critiquing a Sonic fanfiction on Fanfiction.net, Confessions of a Tomboy Princess by Zoggerific. It’s really good. Not perfect and there is one random M scene in there that I’m hoping he’ll tone done for the sake of the T rating he’s labelled the book as. It’s not very suspenseful or plot driven, but a very insightful and interesting look into all the characters’ pysches. He really pulled off giving the Sonic Satam universe a more mature, realistic, dynamic flavor.

    What I wrote: Taking a break from writing this month to work on a comic. :]

    What I learned: It’s really REALLY important for me not to get caught up in the big picture. I need to savor the details and essences and heart of the stories I create, not just try to run through them and check them off my list.

    Other Stuff: I am working my first full time job. It’s great, but alot of work and not much time to spare to work on writing career. It’s just for the summer, but please pray that God would help me to shine His light there and not freak out about lack of progress.

Pin It on Pinterest