fb

Activity

  • Brandon Miller replied to the topic A synopsis for my story in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 6 months ago

    Oh… I like the feel of it!
    Unfortunately, that’s kind of all I’ve got is a feel. This seems like mostly just a lot of name dropping and teenaged angst. What makes your storyworld unique? What powers does the God of Manna possess that make this conflict unique/interesting? Why should I spend my time reading about this romance when there are a thousand others I could enjoy? What is an example of the “deadly traps” the synopsis alludes to?

    Basically, just more firm stuff and fewer generalizations would take it to the next level.  (When I first read this, I thought “hey, this has a lot of fiction buzzwords” which reminded me of this entirely unrelated (but hilarious and clean) video. So yeah ignore me.)

    Also, I’m intrigued about any dystopia nuanced enough that it can appear to be a utopia to some perspectives.  Hurrah for that.

Pin It on Pinterest