-
Brandon Miller replied to the topic Getting Published (Non-Novel) in the forum Rillumen’s Writing Discussions 7 years, 10 months ago
hm… how did I get where I am? Well, I got out of bed, pulled a shirt on, and moseyed on over to the couch.
Okay, but seriously, I’m not sure “where I am” so I’m not sure how to answer this question. I got onto the SE staff because I was on the KP staff. I got onto the KP staff when they opened up a writing team internship. (SE has writing team internships too sometimes, if you keep your ear to the ground.) I can say that part of what helped me get the KP “job” was my blog, where I wrote (you guessed it) writing how-to articles. I never had a lot of followers on the blog, but I posted every week for almost two years and it helped me grow as a writer and helped me get better at deadlines.
Um… but yeah I’m not really published anywhere so I can’t say that I have much of an idea. If you want to write and submit some really short fiction, you could try Havok. I’ve been thinking about submitting there myself.












