fb

Activity

  • Brandon Miller replied to the topic Cook and the Darger in the forum Critiques 8 years, 5 months ago

    Wow, very nice.

    I think my favorite part of the whole scene was when Aldred and Casse (and me) were expecting some big fight or threat and they throw the door open and… it’s just a cook overreacting.

    The description of the Darger was good.  I’m picturing a ferret with little feathered angel wings, idk if that’s accurate or not.  I liked the small round ears detail the most, I think.  Just sounds… cute?

    Character descriptions:
    Aldred, the young prince who really wants to get out in the world and do things.  Instead he just causes trouble and gets into bar fights (and I get the impression that his tales are a little trumped up compared to what actually happened.)  The chapter said he was 16, and that’s about what he reads to me.

    Casse seems nice.  That’s pretty much it. Maybe a little gullible, but sweet-hearted and willing to serve.  Didn’t get much of a read on her in this scene, it said she was sixteen and I could go for that.  Maybe she sounded a little older?  But also a little younger.  Sixteen is a good mean.

    Cook.  Loud.  The cook talks a lot.  Moves a lot.  Bosses a lot.  Cook seems like the kind of person who cares about people, but not as much as Cook cares about the state of the kitchen.  Also, Cook seems to be very comfortable around the royal family.

Pin It on Pinterest