fb

Activity

  • Brandon Miller started the topic Lumenite NaNoWriMos in the forum Rillumen’s Writing Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago

    HEY GUYS!

    November is just around the corner.  As all NaNo vets know, it takes a lot of moral support and encouragement to get through a week of NaNo, much less a month.  But that’s what this group is for.  To get started, share a little about your WIP (work in progress), where you are in the process, what your goals are, and any questions or concerns you have.  If there’s anything we can help with, let us know!

    I’ll get us started:

    WIP: Beta Sun

    Summary:

    Hundreds of years after a disastrous accident cut the Beta Colonists off from Earth, their descendants have ceased to believe that Earth even exists. Years of war and the hazards of life on an untamed planet have split the colonists into nations that vie for control of the Betas planets’ sparse natural resources. For Chancellor Montello, the war has grown old. However, just before he tries to head it off, one of his satellites slips through a reopened wormhole and crashes on the surface of an unknown planet. Now Montello must unite the nations of Betas and prepare for a much bigger war, but,when he gets caught bending the rules, a full-out revolution rips up the Habitable Zone. And somewhere, hidden in the deep shadows of generational secrets, a zealot works quietly to perfect his designs to return to Earth alone, leaving Betas to burn in the weaponized pulses of its own unstable sun.

    In the process: I’m outlining, again.  I wrote almost 90,000 words over the past two years… but I’ve now written past my outline and I have to finish the thing.

    Goals: Honestly, if I could put 50,000 new words on any novel, that would be fantastic.  I have not written in….. a long time.

Pin It on Pinterest