-
Brandon Miller started the topic The Incredibles (1 & 2) in the forum Story Analysis 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey guys,
Last weekend I hit up the theater with my fam to see The Incredibles 2. After the movie, we all decided that it was adequate entertainment, but it didn’t hold a candle to the heart of the original. What did y’all think? What worked and what didn’t? What do you love about the first one? Did you love the second one for the same reasons?
I think part of what I loved about the first movie was the depth. As a kid, it had all the things I needed. Humor, a clear villain who gets what’s coming to him, a clear noble hero, etc etc. But as I got older, I saw more in it. The doubt between Mr. and Mrs. Parr, the identity struggle that controls Mr. Incredible, etc etc. I guess what really gets me is that even though the heroes are super and their conflicts are high-stakes, the movie makes it clear that they’re people too and they deal with real-life difficult things like kids in detention and difficult bosses and struggling communication/secrets.
What do you guys think? What bits of the movies stick out to you as really strong/weak storytelling?












