Do you feel overwhelmed by large communities?
Some people love big forums, but for others, interacting with a crowd can be daunting.
Here at Story Embers, we believe that a small group of like-minded people is an asset to aspiring storytellers. The Inklings made Lewis & Tolkien great, after all.
What if you could join your own tight-knit community of storytellers?
How the Guilds Work
Guilds are private sub-groups of our main forum containing 10 to 30 fellow storytellers.
Each Guild is led by one of our terrific Guild Masters and includes opportunities to…
- Receive encouragement and accountability
- Get your writing critiqued
- Participate in fun writing competitions between Guilds
- Build deeper friendships with other writers
- And more!
Every Guild focuses on a specific theme each year with a new discussion thread every week so you can hone your skills in that particular area.
How to Join
Ready to jump into a Guild? Just follow these simple steps!
- Apply to join the general forum by filling out the application below.
- Once you get approved for the general forum, fill out this survey to apply for a specific Guild.
- Be patient. We normally only add members to Guilds at the beginning of each month, so it may be a couple weeks before we assign you to a Guild.
- Once our Guild enlistment period opens at the beginning of the month, we’ll assign you to a Guild and you’ll get to meet your new like-minded writing friends!
Fill out the form to apply for a forum account. We should respond within 4 days. If more than 4 days have passed and you haven’t heard from us, please email email@example.com.