fb

Fantasy Writers

Villains’ Character Castle

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 226 total)
  • Author
    Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

Oooh, I need y’all’s help naming him!

Here are the options: (With meanings because I love some symbolism 🙂 )

Cencio (Victorious)

Ciro (Like the sun)

Fausto (Man of luck)

Fiero (Proud)

I’m currently leaning toward Fausto, but I’m really not sure yet! What do y’all think?

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

*invariable late. again.*

LOL, he really is though!! Talking about that… since everyone is shuffling around characters anyway, I want to take out Kongar and Chantara, (I have them figured out) and put in one of the characters from my upcoming project! (The Edwardian pirate vs. spy thingy one!) He basically has Kongar’s personality, but with the addition of a sparkly backstory!

YAY THE EDWARDIAN PIRATE VS SPY ONE!!!!!!!!
    This should be awesome, can’t wait to meet him!!!

Yessss! Do it! We can have all the characters do a dramatic entrance at once!

Lol yes!!!

Oooh, I need y’all’s help naming him! Here are the options: (With meanings because I love some symbolism ) Cencio (Victorious) Ciro (Like the sun) Fausto (Man of luck) Fiero (Proud) I’m currently leaning toward Fausto, but I’m really not sure yet! What do y’all think?

mm, I can’t decide between Cire and Fausto looking at the meanings they’re so good…😂 idk!

Sloane was not most girls.
    In fact she wouldn’t always call herself a girl at all. But today it was nice, she lightly brushed her fingers through her rusty red hair right over her left sapphire-green eye. Popular legend had it on the first-born Takashi sons ever had green eyes; curse to make them identifiable according to the story. Always said the sons never the daughters.
    ‘Not todey, old man.’
    She winked her green eye at the mirror and enjoyed the glint of her pale blue eye, before clasping her dual swords to the small curve of her waist. Boy or girl she never cared about the expectations others had for her, unless it was the break them. And she was fine with her looks in either gender so that wasn’t why she changed either. Maybe it was just how she only recognized herself in the mirror on the occasion.
    Whatever.
    With a shrug, Sloane bursts dramatically out the doors of her bedroom. Into a completely different world. Literally.
    She blinks her mismatched eyes.
    *theatrical pause*

To be a light to the world you must shine in the darkness.

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

Nightraven slipped through the dark allies, Dawnthrush melting in behind her. She smiled savagely and licked the blade of her dagger.

And then pulled up short in front of a strange girl with mismatched eyes.

Who was standing in a really dumb pose.

Like she thought she was cool.

Dumby.

“Hey. Do you happen to know where the nearest torture chamber might be?” Nightraven asked, baring her teeth.

@this-is-not-an-alien

Sorry idk if Sloane just entered the castle or not so if she didn’t it’ll just be a village person.

Idk what’s happening.

Sorry guys… 🙂

I kinda haven’t been paying attention here…

"Where there's life, there's hope; and need of vittles."
    -Samwise Gamgee

Bella
    @bella-king

Max stood in a alley, the moon just a claw in the sky.  Creeping to the end, he peaked around the building.  After a few minutes of waiting, a man opened a door across the street, slowly making his way to the ally Max was in, who stood back form the entrance now.

“Your late,”  The new comer growled.

“I would apologize, but seeing that you wouldn’t understand that duties of being a Chief, I won’t waste my breath.”  He smiled darkly, crossing his arms over his chest.  The man glared at Max, “Why did you want to meet?  Need help getting ride of that pathetic sister of yours after you failed the first time?”  He taunted.

“She’s gone,”  Max uncrossed his arms, his wings fluttering behind him.

“Oh did Max get dirty?  Didn’t honestly think you had it in you,”

“You had better keep a lock on that trap of yours before you end up like her Joel,”  Max took a step closer to Joel, standing a head taller than Joel and glaring at him.

“You owe me,”  Joel stated, not backing down.

“I would have found her without you-”  Max began.

“Not for that,” He now smiled at Max, a knowing look in his eyes.  “you know why,” Understanding dawned Max, and he seethed.

“Of all times?”  His hand found his sword at his side, and began to unsheathe it.

“If you try anything, everyone will find out what you did, and if your own people don’t kill you when they find out, my tribe will.”

Everyone else is taken; just be you!

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

@denali-christianson
    BWAHAHAHAHA that was perfect!!!! LOL yes, Sloane is such a dramaqueen 😂

This was not her house.
    She tilted her head quite quizzically and bemused but inside she was panicking. Just a little lot. Drugged? Unlikely. Enchanted? Also unlikely. But there were these two idiots here she could question and she still had her swords. And knifes. And needles (don’t ask). And…yeah let’s not go into the details there…
    “Hey. Do you happen to know where the nearest torture chamber might be?” One of them called. She was a sensual jeopardy in a form-fitting outfit that complimented her savage look just perfect. Because it made her look stupid.
    Sloane was equally unimpressed, and cocked her head at the lady and her shadow with a deliberately bemused–almost sardonic–expression.
    “If you plan to stay here, I would tell this place would be that,” She chirped in a very clipped accent and promptly ignores them to wander around the street she’s walked into. Her mind was whirring over everything wondering how the devils’ liver she got here. No one else seemed to really be about the whole town was asleep or just safe in their homes.
    Sloane stroked the end of her hilts with one hand as she kinda pushes past them theatrically with perfect aristocratic poise (or rather a perfect mockery of aristocratic poise) swishing her rusty red-brown warrior’s ponytail behind her. Part of her hoped they decided to pick a fight already so she could match blade and just skip the anxious anticipation but part of her was also desperately working out where she was and why and how to get back.
    Wandering off was stupid, they might be her only lead. Not that they had to know that. She halted a second and half glanced over her shoulder like they weren’t particularly worth turning around for. It was…kinda fun seeing as they already hated her might as well give them something to hate. She takes a breath and taps her bottom lip like she just noticed them.
    “Name’s Sloane, mayhance, but you can call me ‘sir’.” She said dipping her head ‘politely’ (more like infuriatingly but who’s counting, she instantly decided she hated them on principle for their instantly hating her). “Now, who do I have the ple’sure of insulting?”

@bella-king

HIIIIIIIIII!!!!!! *bowls over with hug* Denali’s friend right? This’ll be so fun! Lol I love your quote!!
    I can’t wait to learn more about Max, what’s he look like so I can describe him through my character’s POV when he’s entered the castle or the area they’re at? He’s a winged assassin? What’s his backstory and–…XD

Bella
    @bella-king

After making the deal with Joel, Max quickly left the ally.  You idiot! why did you do that?  He thought to himself, not paying attention to where he was going.

“If you plan to stay here, I would tell this place would be that,”   A female said as she pushed past two more figures.  Turning slightly back to them she said, “Name’s Sloane, mayhance, but you can call me ‘sir’.”

Max paused in the street, wondering who they where and what they were up to.  He smirked when she said, “Now, who do I have the ple’sure of insulting?”

Her attitude matched her red hair,  and he could tell she was a fighter.  He debated weather he should leave or not, but made up his mind when she turned and saw him.

@this-is-not-an-alien

HIIIII  (Loves hugs)  Yeppers that’s me!!!! Yay! Thanks I like your quote as well!

Sure!  Max is tall with tan skin and dark brown slightly rusty looking hair, gold eyes and a scar from his left eye to the corner of his lip.  I don’t know if assassin is the right word, he’s the son of the chief in his clan and will pretty much kill whoever he has to to become chief.  Yea his clan all has wings…XD  He’s the second oldest of three kids? (I might change the number of kids so…lol) not really sure about age yet, somewhere in his late twenty maybe?

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

@this-is-not-an-alien

LOL SLOANE IS HILARIOUS AND I LOVE HER TO DEATH!

Mismatched eye girl cocked her head at Nightraven, who got the definite impression that warrior woman wanted to kill her the most painful way possible.

Nightraven smirked.

Try it. Make my day.

She may not have looked like a fighter, but she could take out any person in a fight no problem. She could practically feel Dawnthrush egging the warrior on.

Just try it. Do it. I’m in need of entertainment.

“If you plan to stay here, I would tell this place would be that,” fighter girl said.

Then she pushed past them and swished her rusty red hair in their faces.

Nightraven allowed the slightest curl of her lip, spinning on her heel to watch her swaggering away. How she wanted to show the girl how real fighters fought.

She caught hold of her dagger, proud of her unassuming weapon. Then she stopped. Let the other girl attack first. She would. Her muscles were quivering.

Then she spun around, tapping her lip. Nightraven gave her a seductive grin.

She needs something from me, the idiot.

“Name’s Sloane, mayhance, but you can call me ‘sir,'” the girl said, tipping her head mockingly. Nightraven’s stomach curled with the urge to smack her.  “Now, who do I have the ple’sure of insulting?”

Nightraven chuckled quietly. “My name, miss, is Nightraven. This here is my favorite sidekick Dawnthrush. And you’re going to have to try a bit harder than that to insult me, friend,” Nightraven drew out the word “friend” as if it disgusted her.

Sloane gave her a grin that barely managed to hide her own disgust. Nightraven liked having enemies. They were fun to kill.

Sloane would probably have attacked her, but her eye caught on something behind Nightraven. Nightraven spun around to look, and Dawnthrush stayed facing Sloane so that Sloane wouldn’t attack Nightraven with her guard down.

“Hmm. Wings must be the in thing these days, yes?” Nightraven murmured, her voice flowing with a liquid grace. She took such pleasure in having interrupted Sloane…

@this-is-not-an-alien

Feel free to change anything that was un-Sloane-like! 😉

-Samwise Gamgee

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@bella-king

*Gives you another hug and accidentally covers you in glitter*

Hi Bella! It’s nice to meet you!

@everyone!

Just wanted to make a quick announcement that I won’t be dropping in Fausto until a later date. I’m kind of fully booked with NaNo and the other Castle, so I’m going to take a short break from this one. Just go ahead with all the others and I’ll just drop him in sometime!

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Bella
    @bella-king

Max instantly did not like the woman with the black hair, and her comment about wings irked him.  Of course she mocked him about his wings, what could he expect from someone who was so normal and boring?  Choosing to ignore her comment for now, he gestured to both women and said, “And I see pretending to be threatening and scary is a thing these day, huh?”

Both ladies stared at him, and he smirked.  “I suggest you be more careful what you say to me from now on, I actually know how to use a sword.  But I am curious, why are three odd people out here in the middle of the night trying to scare the other?”

@rose-colored-fancy

Ellloooooooo hugggssss!!!!!!! Yay GliTtEr mY FaVOrITe!!!!

calidris
    @calidris

Okie dokie guys I’m officially taking out the Shrike :’)

The air pulsed, snapping and crackling as a stifling pressure grew in the atmosphere.

A hollow screech tore through the air.  Blazing sparks shot through the room, twisting and fracturing and converging, like infinite fractals of glass shattering as one.  The pressure mounted, the air throbbed, pulsing and tensing until a deafening roar rent the atmosphere.

Silence.

An intricately carved knife clattered to the ground, wildly spinning on the cold marble.

Sasha was gone, and with him, the magic goose.

@rose-colored-fancy
    The Shrike may be a city-destroying alternate reality, but he at least has some morals.  Like, not stealing, even if it’s from morally bankrupt assassins with murderous intent 😉

Anyways, tell Kongar he can safely retrieve his knife now lol

*laughs as one fey*

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

@bella-king
    OH I SAVED THAT PROFILE PIC ONCE IT HAS SUCH GREAT PERSPECTIVE!!!!
    Ehem anyway…
    Thanks I found my quote on Pinterest and it was delightful lol.
    Oh I like this Max he sounds very intriguing (I also just like gold eyes for characters for some reason, I really liked red hair for characters to but I had this idea that I could only have one redhead per book so now I’m spiting myself and the whole school of thought by adding in my world-building that red hair is very common and it’s gold hair that’s rare…). The wings are a nice touch, black or brown, feathered?

LOL SLOANE IS HILARIOUS AND I LOVE HER TO DEATH!

Lol thanks!!! That’s so encouraging for me coz she’s my first openly lgbtq+ character and I’ve really struggled to research and pin down her character and make her real XDD. Also I LOVE that like Nightraven and her are just like “I hate you on-sight pls give me an excuse to murder you but you gotta first!” This is gonna be so fun!!!!

The lady chuckled softly in a way that said she’d gladly murder Sloane. Perfect, do it already, try!
    “My name, miss, is Nightraven.” ‘Miss’ indeed, it would be great to stab Miss Priss… “This here is my sidekick Dawnthrush. And you’re going to have to try a bit harder than that to insult me, friend,”
    Oh yes, this Nightraven was dying to murder her (she was disgusting Sloane really wanted an excuses to kill her). But. It was delightful that her existence grated on her, and Sloane grinned, mentally begging all the devils she knew to curse this obnoxious lady, but before she thought of a good quip she caught somebody behind them.
    He was not bad looking, in fact, he was kinda hot with the tough look of a warrior and the scar that just seemed to accentuate the lines of his face. Sloane wasn’t particularly interested but she didn’t mind the eye-candy. And the wings were a nice touch.
    “Hmm. Wings must be the in thing these days, yes?”
    “Hmm,” Sloane began, mimicked her voice, but the stranger already retorted.
    “And I see pretending to be threatening and scary is a thing these days, huh?”
    “Oh faedust, and you intend to top it?” Sloane quipped, crossing her arms as she looked him up and down. He smirked back and she quirked a brow.
    “I suggest you be more careful what you say to me from now on, I actually know how to use a sword. But I am curious, why are three odd people out here in the middle of the night trying to scare the other?”
    “Four,” Sloane corrected gleefully, imitating his smug tone “I actuelly know how to use a sword as well. Do you want to wave that little twig to scarre us?” She swished an imaginary sword at him.

@calidris
    HEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! LOL he left the knife!!!! 🥰

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Ok I know this has nothing to do with anything and barely even belongs in the Villian’s Character Castle but @skylarynn, I found a picture of Karayan…

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

@this-is-not-an-alien

Hiiiii sorrryyy I haven’t posted on this castle in fifteen decades or so, I’ve been very distractible recently…

I shall have to get on here when I have more time! XD

-Samwise Gamgee

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

@denali-christianson

Lol I totally get it, nobody’s been posting here for a while anyway and I can’t keep up with most of the projects I…somehow managed to start like a billion at a time…

But anyway, it’s fine!! 😉😄

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

LOL, same😭

I’m trying to manage everything but it’s rather too much and I’m struggling to keep everything in the air, so I can’t add another castle on top. If/when I have more time/energy I’ll join again, but for now I’m fully booked. Sorry, y’all!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 226 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the 2023 Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Learn How to Write Christian Themes that Resonate

Enter your email to get the worksheet, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

Pin It on Pinterest