fb

Fantasy Writers

Talk room

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@joelle-stone

My sister wants to know if the book you’re reading is Joey?😊

Yeahhh…Mistie had the kitten-flu really bad, so now she’s blind. She is such a sweet though.

Not all who wander are lost.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@arindown,

Yurp, it’s Joey!

Aw, poor kitten.

"Lacho calad! Drego morn!"

Rebekah12
    @rebekah12

@arindown Awww! What color is she?

@crazywriter
    Nice! I’m pretty far along on my WIP (well. . . one of them; my Google Docs is a sea of forgotten stories right now, lol) too. What’s yours about?

“Where my brothers fall, there I will be. Where my sisters stumble, there you will find me.” - Rupert

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@joelle-stone My sister loved Joey.😄 Are you enjoying it?

@rebekah12
    Mistie is a calico mix of grey, white, and orange. I’ll try to get a picture sometime.😁 Btw, I love your profile pic. Is it Legolas?

Rebekah12
    @rebekah12

@arindown Yes, it is Legolas! Glad you like it 😀 LOTR and The Hobbit [movies] are some of my fandoms. Mistie sounds adorable! My family doesn’t have any cats since my dad’s allergic to them, but we will hopefully get a puppy soon, and I have two rabbits.

“Where my brothers fall, there I will be. Where my sisters stumble, there you will find me.” - Rupert

Jasmine
    @jasmine

@rebekah12

I remember your rabbits! We talked about them way back in the days of the flabbit room. What are there names again?

I AM afraid. I'm glad that I am. That tells me I need to be brave. ~W.M.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@arindown,

I’ve read it twice before and I LOVE IT!! It’s so sad… and sweet… and just great. Highly recommended.

@rebekah12

LOTR & the Hobbit are some of my favs! Who is your favorite character from both the films? Mine would be Aragorn or Sam for LOTR and Thorin for the Hobbit. (Also, totally random question, but do you prefer Thorin or Thranduil, Legolas’ dad?)

Rebekah12
    @rebekah12

@jasmine Their names are Sunny and Nightfall. My previous two were Dawn and Rex. Sunny’s a female tan mini-lop with white belly and black specks. I got her last year after losing Dawn because Nightfall was lonely. Nightfall is a male black full-size Rex rabbit. I got him the year before last after losing Rex. Dawn was a female gray and white mini-Rex. I got her ((*counts*)) seven years ago, and I lost her January of last year. I got Rex three years ago, and I lost him the year before last.

@joelle-stone
    My faves from LOTR are Legolas, Faramir, Pippin, and probably Aragorn too. From The Hobbit ((when I said ‘movies’ I meant the live-action ones BTW)) that would be Thorin, Kili, and Fili ((and since I’m talking about live-action remakes, Legolas again, lol)). And as for Thorin VS Thranduil, Thorin definitely has a bigger arc, but when it comes to battle scenes, Thranduil rocks, so Thorin wins a very close match 😉

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@rebekah12,

Legolas is pretty cool all in all. Honestly… lol, plz don’t be offended, but Thranduil is my least favorite character, banning Orcs, Saruman, and Sauron. XD

Rebekah12
    @rebekah12

@joelle-stone I’m not offended! Thranduil DEFINITELY could have been a better character.

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@joelle-stone Thanks for recommending it. I’ll have to read it sometime.

@rebekah12
    Mistie is so cute. I have a brother that is allergic to cats, but so far we haven’t had any trouble.😁

I love LOTR (the movies included). I haven’t see the Hobbit yet, though. Is it good? I’m a diehard Frodo fan, but I also love Aragorn, Gandalf, Eowyn, and of course, Sam. I have a little bit of a different fandom for Legolas, because I’m not emotionally attached to his character, but he’s just SO awesome.😂

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@arindown,

The Hobbit movies are good depending on how much you like movie directors to stick to the original story. My sister, when she first watched them, said that she liked it when directors do that because they basically create a whole new story and you don’t always know what is going to happen. Now she wishes they’d stuck to the story better. XD

So, yes, I like the movies, a lot. But the writers changed a lot of stuff, mostly by adding characters (i.e. Legolas and a she-Elf named Tauriel, along with a Man named Alfrid and other little things). Personally I liked them, but I know a lot of people who don’t. So go from there!

As for Legolas, I honestly think he’s pretty much a jerk when he comes into the Hobbit in the second movie. In the third movie he gets a lot better, and in LOTR he’s pretty swag. 🙂

Rebekah12
    @rebekah12

@arindown

I like The Hobbit movies, but don’t expect them to be like the book XD

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

My favoritw character in LOTR is Boromir. Hands down. Not even close.

Okay, its close. But he’s such a good character, because he has internal struggle, and he gives in, fails, but still gets up and protects the defenseless. He is a true warrior, and despite his arrogance, he is the best character(in my opinion). Aragorn in the movies was good, but i feel like they could’ve done better. Sam would be a close second to Boromir, and yeah, Merry and Pippin are in there too.

In terms of the hobbit, I’d say that i’d have to choose from each movie just cause so much character development happens between them.

In the first, i have to say Gandalf was the best.

In the second, it’s Bilbo.

In the third its Thorin, or Fili and Kili.

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

My story is about a band of teenagers sent on a rite-of-passage mission to become warriors, who along the way stumble into a war.

Yeah that was really short. Sorry.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest